Chapter 24: Tournament Day 3: Winner Takes All

Ash and May are in the hallway, as May takes deep breathes. Ash on the other hand is seen warming up and stretching, almost as if he's about to do a workout. May looks at Ash with a questioning look.

May: "Why are you stretching?"

Ash: "Ah good question! Well we want to win and it's the finals, so I'm gonna be using Greninja."

May: "So we'll see Ash-Greninja?!" May's eyes sparkle.

Ash chuckles and nods his head.

Ash: "You sure will! To do that phenomenon and keep it up for a long period of time, it takes up stamina, so I gotta stay warm and act like I'm about to battle."

May: "I can't believe you can stay so calm. We're only a couple minutes or even seconds from going up on stage in front of hundreds of students."

Ash: "Well as a trainer you have to get used to it. Several tournaments, gym battles, and even champion battles can be in stadiums in front of millions of people."

May: "But still..."

Ash: "Hmm....Here's some advice I go from. If your nervous before a big event that's good, but as soon as it starts that fear most leave. It'll leave if you know and believe you can win, but it'll stay if your not confident. Stay confident, but not cocky. Know and identify that balance. If you can, than you'll go farther than anyone else.

Ash flashes a smile at May. May nods her head, before lightly slapping herself.

May: "Alright! We got this!"

Ash: "That's the spirit. Anyway you know our strategy and which Pokemon your using right?"

May: "Yep."

Ash: "Alright. Than lets do this."

*At the Arena*

Announcer: "Welcome students of Pokemon Master High! This is the final moment you've been waiting two days for. The final round of the school dual battle tournament. From the left, one of the top trainers in the battle class and one of the smartest individuals when coming to Pokemon data. Give it up for Kanto Native and grandson of Professor Oak, GARY OAK!!! And his partner, currently ranked 2nd in the battle class and gave everyone a suprise when he one hit KO-ed Ash's Pikachu. Give up for the mysterious trainer from Alola, GLADION AETHER!!!"

The two trainers walk out, as the crowd erupts in cheers. Gladion looks towards the top of the arena, where the mysterious girl gives a couple of claps. She gives him a look, before whispering

???: "I'm counting on you Gladion. Don't let me down."

Announcer: "And from right. Currently ranked 1st in the battle class and the youngest ever champion in history. Give it up for Kanto Native and Champion of Kalos, ASH KETCHUM!!! And his partner, a transfer from Pokemon contest who is quickly climbing the ladder of battle rankings. Give it up for daughter of Petalburg gym leader, Norman Maple, and fan favorite, MAY MAPLE!!!"

Ash and May walk out giving a wave, as the cheer erupts in a louder cheer. Both teams meet in the middle, as the referee explains the battle.

Referee: "This will be a 6v6 battle. Each trainer will be allowed to send out 3 Pokemon each from any team. I will announce when a Pokemon is unable to battle. Last team standing wins. Please send out your first Pokemon."

Ash: "Don't hold back Gary."

Gary: "Like I said before...I don't plan to! Let's roll, Arcanine!"

Ash: "Let's go, Goodra!"

Gladion: "Umbreon come out."

May: "Let's go Blaziken!"

Gary and Gladion look at May in concern.