Chapter 36: Comfort

Paul has yet to receive any contact from Gary. No plans, no ideas, no nothing. Time is ticking down...3 days until spring break is over.

Paul is seen walking back and forth looking at his Pokedex.

Paul: "Still no response from Gary...He's off radar. Is he mad that I couldn't get the computer?"

Paul shakes his head.

Paul: "That couldn't be the reason. Gary isn't that unreasonable...But what happened then? His location is off, so I can't even track him. Professor Oak is gone, so he can't help either. No adults, no backup, and no Gary...I'm at a stand still then."

Paul shoves his Pokdex back into his pocket, before taking a troll through Master High. Ever since he went to this school, he hasn't had a proper look around. He always had something to do. Either battling, trying to find information, or going to class, but now he realized just how focused he was on everything. He never had a proper chance to look around Master High or take in the beauty of the school. Today was perhaps one of the most beautiful days as well. The weather was warm, with a light breeze. The sun was starting to go down, showing a beautiful sunset. As he continues to walk around, he spots a familiar looking face sitting on a bench.

He approaches them, before putting his hand on their beanie, startling the figure.

Paul: "What are you doing back at Kanto....Dawn."

Dawn: "Kyah!"

Dawn turns around, before pouting.

Dawn: "You scared me Paul! That's was mean."

Paul: "Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. So what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Sinnoh?"

Dawn: "We'll Princess Aria had something to do, so I came back early."

Dawn gives a smile, as Paul ignores it, choosing to look at the suitcase next to her.

Paul: "Well it's getting late, shouldn't you be getting back to your room about now?"

Dawn: "Yeah...I guess I should."

Dawn stays sitting, as Paul sighs.

Paul: "What's going on?"

Dawn: "W-what do you mean? Nothing's going on."

Paul: "If that was so, you wouldn't be sitting down on a random bench."

Dawn: "I...I'm...just looking at the sunset taking in the beautiful scenery."

Paul: "Sure. Conveniently looking at the sunset especially with your suitcase next to you. Come on. What's going on that your not going back to your room."

Dawn: "Alright! Alright...Me and May decided to host a surprise party for Ash and I didn't want to ruin any of decorations. Since I'm back, I didn't have a place to stay and didn't want to have the secretary ask me any questions."