Chapter 4: Challenger

*At the battlefield*

Gary: "You sure you wanna do this battle Ash?"

Ash: "Yeah. I love to put cocky people back into their place. I've also not battled anyone since arriving in Kanto."

Teacher: "Is both Pokemon Trainers ready?"

Ash: "I'll see you after the battle Gary."

Ash walks away towards the arena as Gary takes a seat next to Paul

Paul: "So that's the Great Ash Ketchum huh?"

Gary: "Sure is, but he doesn't like having the title Great."

Paul: "From an outsider's perspective he seems well mannered and calm, but on the inside he's someone completely different. His aura in the inside is like a forever burning flame."

Gary: "So you can see that too huh? He's been through a lot."

Paul: "Heart can't win all battles though."

Gary: "Sure can't."

*With Dawn and May*

Dawn: 'This would be the first time a lot of us is gonna watch Ash battle.' "I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a sweep."

May: "I'm pretty sure everyone knows Ash will win, but I'm more interested to see what Trip does."

Dawn: "Oh really. That's the first time I've heard you talk about a boy besides Ash. You sure your not tripping over Trip?"

May: "HUH?! No way I would date a guy like him."

Dawn: "I'm only kidding

Dawn: "I'm only kidding. I know you've seen Ash battle a lot what Pokemon does he use?"

May: "He tends to switch up his team a lot, but for his three main Pokemon consists of Pikachu, Infernape, and his ace in the hole being Greninja. His other three switch between Charizard, Lucario, Goodra, Sceptile, and Krookodile."

Dawn: "That's a good set of Pokemon that cover each other's weaknesses."

???: "Hey is somebody sitting here or can I sit here?"

As both Dawn and May turn to look they see a girl student with blonde hair and a large white sun hat