Chapter 26: The Kanto Trio

A/N: Yo, so congrats to @ThePokemonMaster9 to getting the next character right. For getting it right, I've also given you the option to add a character of your choice from either the manga, anime, or games to add to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash and Gary are seen walking in the halls, without speaking a word to each other.

Gary: "Soooooo"

Ash: "No."

Gary: "Oh come on! You didn't even know what I was gonna ask."

Ash looks at Gary with an annoyed face

Ash: "I've known you for years now. I know exactly what you're gonna say."

Gary: "What am I gonna say then."

Ash clears his throat, before making his voice sound like Gary

Ash: "Ahm..So Ash how do you feel that not only do you have Dawn, but also May, also known as Norman's daughter."

Ash looks back at Gary, who looks away whistling.

Ash: "My point proven."

Gary: "Alright. Alright, but don't act so cold. You enjoyed it."

Ash: "Stop."

Gary: "Come on. We both know you did. I mean you blushed and didn't even pull away. Did she use tongue?"

Ash looks at Gary, before sending out Charizard.

Ash: "Charizard Blast Burn."

Charizard looks at Gary, before smiling. Gary starts to sweat, before putting on an awkward grin.

Gary: "Hahaha. Come on Ash. It was just a joke. Just a joke."

Before Charizard can make the move, Ash returns it.

Ash: "Your lucky I need your help."

Gary: "Right. Anyway Gladion is gone."

Ash: "What do you mean he's gone."

Gary: "After the match, he and that cloaked girl left. I haven't seen him in 3 days. His Pokedex was left behind, so we can't track him."

Ash: "And what about Lillie?"

Gary: "Still here. Gladion threatened me if I do anything to her and since I don't want Gramps to find out about anything, we gotta find a different way. So far we've kept her busy, so she won't look for Gladion, but I don't know how much longer I can do that for."

Ash: "Hmmm....This all seems kinda strange."

Gary: "Right, but Ash break is about to come up. It'll be a 2 week break and I want someone near you at all times. I don't know what their endgame is, but I do know they want to get the old you out. The dark part of you. They've pulled him slightly out and I can't let them do any more harm."

Ash: "But who do we get. Are you gonna travel with me to Kalos?"

Gary shakes his head

Gary: "No. I need to find out more about this whole experiment you were in. I'm traveling to find the professors and scientists who worked in the Bond Project. Hopefully we can get a medicine to fix your case or a new experiment to fix it, but for now we can only wait. I'll keep researching, but no promises right now. Having someone with you is just another protocol to make sure you don't overstep and mess up."

Ash: "So the problem is just finding the right person."

Gary: "Maybe you should ask May or Dawn."

Ash: "I refuse to. I don't want them mixed up with my problems, especially if we don't know all the consequences. Besides they've only met me for a while and they've got stuff to do. Dawn is going to Sinnoh to train with her mother and May is going to Hoenn to train with her dad. I've also asked Cynthia to help May out with training."