Chapter 65 / Levi POV

Levi POV

"Pregnant?"

Eyebrows pinning together, I try to digest the word.

"Pregnant." I repeat once more for myself to hear.

She's pregnant?

My fingers curl in her cape, pulling her closer to me as the sobs rack through her body. The frigid air nipping at our red noses. I wanted to hold onto her, I needed to.

Because this news, it made me weak.

My legs even tremble. Forcing myself to swallow, my mouth was so fucking dry.

"Your....pregnant?"

She shakes her head, confirming it. Her face rubbing against my chest.

She won't stop crying.

Why is she crying?

Pregnant.....

It's only been half a year since Faye was born, I guess I work fast... I'm not the slightest bit surprised, but still...

"Pregnant?!"

It hits like a rock, and I'm fucking over the moon.

"Y/N, your pregnant? That's great news!"

Attempting to pull her back so I can rest my eyes on her face, look her over. See that beautiful glow for myself finally.

But she won't let me, she's glued to my chest.

God I hope it's a boy.

"No, no, no. Not great news, bad news. We can't keep it, Levi the reclaiming of wall Maria is only a few months away. I need to fight, I have to lead my squad."

"You will not be fighting." Jaw twitching. My fingers lock, nails digging into the fabric of her cape. I can feel her she's warm. But not warm enough. Not to my liking.

What the fuck were we even doing out here? This is no place for a pregnant woman. Nor do I like the thought of her using her gear much anymore.  Nothing about that sounded safe to me, I hated the very thought.

"I have to-"

"No wife of mine will ever hold a blade while pregnant. Your not fighting, period. I will not hear another word about it-"

"We can't keep it."

"We can."

"We can't Levi-"

"We can and we will."

She pushes back, allowing me to see her face. My fingers untangle in the cape.

Of course she was pregnant, it explained so much. Her temper, the distance, she's scared..

She looks upset, not nearly as happy as she should look for finding out she's pregnant. We should celebrate. This is fantastic news.

I'm ecstatic.

Didn't she bring me out here to do just that?

My eyes pan around, we're secluded.

It takes a second. My eyes panning back and forth between her beautiful face and the woods surrounding us.

Nobody for miles...

Not a house or person in sight.

No, not to celebrate. To break the news to me, the news that she was not going to carry this pregnancy to full term. She brought us out here alone, in fear that I might react badly.