Chapter 50/ Levi POV

Y/N POV

"I'm fine, we are fine." I drop a box down onto the ground, kicking it into the corner.

A week, actually a week and a half since I was left at the alter, embarrassed in front of all of my superiors and fellow comrades.

"Really, we're just fine, you don't need to hover." I turn around, placing my hands on my hips.

James was rocking Faye back and forth, talking to her in a squeaky voice as he pinched her cheek.

"Who said I was here for you, I've come for the child." Rubbing his nose against hers, I see a small smile form on her face.

She liked James, they liked each other at least. Got along great. Enough for me to trust that he could manage her while I got a few hours of sleep here and there.

James had been helpful in the best ways, never bringing up any of his own selfish desires that hid below the surface.

"I'm kidding, I'm here for you. Of course I'm here for you. What do you need help with? Can I set up her crib?" James places Faye down on the bed in my old chambers, boxing her in with pillows.

She was to small the crawl or roll but still, he knew it would ease my mind.

I bring my hand up. Pointing to the right at the slabs of wood.

I decided to get my own instead of taking the one from his chambers. If he decided to come back, he'd need it.

Me and Levi Ackerman were done.

There was nothing left in me, I don't think I could bring myself to feel for anyone, even him if I tried. I was done, I had Faye. She was all the love I'd ever need.

I didn't want to have anymore unnecessary interactions with him then necessary, I assumed we'd split our time with Faye.

James steps forward making his way to the wood slabs.

"Can you put it at the foot of my bed, and away from the window. I don't want her to catch cold at night." Pushing a strand of hair behind my ear as I drop down to sort through boxes.

Baby clothes, socks, hats, jackets, toys... toys he bought of her.

I box it back up, sliding it back over to the door.

"That one goes back."

I could always buy her my own toys, these were just to painful. He was so happy when he bought these for her.

James eyes meet mine, and then pan over to the box.

Nodding once, he knew it was probably a sore topic.

Faye cries out, pulling both of our eyes her way.

My eyes pan to the clock across the room, 6pm. Right on time, this is around her dinner time. She gets angry if she's not fed on schedule.

Boobs already aching from her cries I push myself up, making my way over to her.

"Come on, let's solve this together." I speak to her directly, as if she could understands me.