Part 55

I wake up to my phone ringing over and over again, I groan rolling over and grab my phone. "Hello?"

"Y/N! Get your ass here now! You're late and Ryan's pissed! I told him you had to make sure Mason got to your parents so get here now!" Robin yells at me through the phone.

"What?" I check the time and I am indeed 20 minutes late to work. "Shit! I'm coming!" I hung up and quickly get out of bed. I change and run into my room where Lizzie lays still sleeping. "Um. Shit shit shit Lizzie!?" I yell but she doesn't move. "I'll just send her a text." I run out grabbing my bag and keys then leave my apartment. I speed to work and once I'm there I run inside. "I'm here I'm here!"

"You're late" Ryan glares at me.

"I'm sorry Ryan! It won't happen again I promise!" I say running into the break room to set down my bag.

"I highly doubt that but sure ok. Just hurry up and get started" He groans leaving the room.

I send a quick text explaining why I left in a hurry. After awhile of working i feel Robin nudge my arm. "What?" I look up at her confused, she motions to the door with her head. I look over and see Danny walk in, we make eye contact and he gives me a little wave. "Danny!?" I watch him walk over to the counter and take a deep breathe.

"Hey Y/n, I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch? I know you're with Lizzie I just want to talk and catch up. I promise" He smiles awkwardly at me waiting for my answer.

I sigh running my hand through my hair, "I have my break in ten minutes, order something and I'll sit with you at one of the tables."

"Ok thank you" His face lights up, he orders a coffee then sits and waits while I make it. I call his name for the order and he walks over grabbing his drink.

"What are you doing?" Robin says from behind me making me jump.

"What do you mean?" I spin around to face her furrowing my brows at her.

"Going on a lunch date with Danny??" She says slapping my arm.

"Ow hey it's not a lunch date! It's just lunch, I'm gonna text Lizzie and let her know as well so chill out." I slap her arm back, "Rude" She glares at me and walks away. Ten minutes pass and it's time for my break. I shoot Lizzie a text then sit with Danny at his table. "Hey Danny."

"Hi. So how are things going? I saw that you two are now public" He states taking a drink of coffee.

"It's good, im getting some hate but who doesn't get hate?" I chuckle awkwardly fiddling with my thumbs.

"Im sorry you're getting hate, but are you at least happy with her?" Danny asks as I look up from the table.

"I am happy with her.. I really am." I smile at at him as he nods.

"Im glad you're happy Y/n. How's Mason doing? I miss my little man" Danny asks with a smile on his face. They did get along really well together. It was cute how much Mason loved him.

"He's great I'm sure he misses you too. I told Lizzie about him and I'm sure she loves him more than she does me" I laugh, "I actually told him he's my son. He didn't take it well at first but Lizzie talked to him and everything worked out."

"Oh, that's great! So he lives with you now I'm assuming?" I nod in answer to his question. "Do you think it'd be ok.. if I come over one day? Just to see Mason and hangout with him for a little while?"

"You.. want to do that? Just hangout with Mason?" I ask confused.

"Well yea! I was with you for four years, you weren't the only one I got attached too" He laughs sticking his tongue out at me. I roll my eyes at him chuckling.

"Well if it's to see Mason I don't see why not, you can have a play date with my little Prince I guess" I laugh sticking my tongue out back at him. "How have you been?"

"I've been good, I've put alot of my time into work. I'm exhausted when I get home so I just relax in bed." He sighs and takes another drink of coffee.

"I'm glad you've been good, other than you exhausting yourself at work. Is today your day off then?" I query.

"Yea, I wanted to just talk to you and see how you're doing. I'm sorry for how I acted and for attempting to propose in Lizzies driveway" He chuckles nervously as he rubs the back of his necks.

"It's ok it's done and over with, I'm glad I stopped you." I chuckle. "You know Liam attempted to ruin me and Lizzies relationship too"

"What!? How?" He furrows his brows at me.

"He came to my apartment when I moved Mason and he tried convincing me to be with him. He kissed me and Lizzie saw and she ran away crying." I sigh looking down at the table. "Luckily Lizzie trusts me and we're good now. But I was scared he was gonna ruin another relationship. He ruined ours." I look up at him as he looks sadly at the table.

"I'm sorry I let him ruin our relationship." He takes a deep breathe, "But don't you let him ruin yours and Lizzie's relationship."

I chuckle, "Already on it. I should get to the break room and actually eat something"

"Right right, I'll text you about when I'm free" He smiles standing up.

"Sounds good. I'll do the same" I smile standing up as well.

He opens is arms, "Can I?"

I sigh, "Sure it's just a hug" I take a few steps towards him and give him a quick hug.

"Um Y/n?"

"Yea?"

"Lizzies standing behind you. She looks mad" He let's go of me and I spin around.

"Hey babe!"