Prologue

Last time I saw him was when I was 19. Amanda had just gotten together with Raj and she took her friends to see her 'amazing' boyfriend and he brought his own friends to meet us. We all met down in a local club – I rarely went clubbing and it was probably my third time in that loud atmosphere. Mandy began by introducing me to a few of Raj's friends and a few hadn't arrived so Raj was busy calling them up. 

Amanda had dragged me out to the dance floor in a short while. I got lost in the crowd and had bumped into him – I didn't feel so lost anymore. All I could do was look into those soulful, bright, brown eyes that stared back at me. I forgot why I was even there or who I was with – time kind of froze. I couldn't leave; I didn't want to.

We had begun by dancing  our way out of the crowd and grabbing a seat on the side. There were no real introductions and we talked like we were the best of friends and had known each other for years. We talked about our likes and dislikes, what we were both doing in our lives and our viewpoints on different things. He was really funny, a bit geeky what with being skinny and tall, with braces and glasses completing the package but still cute.

He took me back in to the crowd for a dance and we were tired out by the time Mandy found me and yelled that we had to leave. He stole my heart – no really, he actually did. He had tried to hold my hand and my bracelet ended up getting torn off my hand. This bracelet had a picture of my parents and grandparents inside the heart locket attached to it. I hadn't even found out his name. It was one of the most memorable encounters I've ever had. It was as if I found a piece of my soul in another being with deeper connections that I've never felt with anyone else. I never saw him again but life hadn't let me look for him.

Back then, I myself had moved into residence and it was my first year in university and my room mate was Mandy. Mandy and I got into the same medical school after university. We're two years into medical school now. Life is going well. Raj finally proposed to Mandy! It's crazy! They've been going out for six years now. The whole time, Mandy had tried getting me to see a few guys.

 It didn't work though. I couldn't stop working and studying and just couldn't forget my dream man that I had met years ago. I had told Mandy about him but when she found out I didn't even know his name she said to forget him. It's too hard to find one person when you don't even know their name. I have a blur of his face implanted in the back of my head somewhere. If I ever saw him again, I would know exactly who he is.

Right now, I'm driving Mandy to her house. She asked me to be her maid of honour and of course, naturally, I said yes.  Her family is strictly Hindu and wants the couple, maid of honour and best man to stay at the house a month before the wedding to have a 'practice run' of all the rituals and to help out with the wedding. So, here I am, half of my summer is going to be spent at my best friend's house in the beautiful Montreal. I haven't seen my family but I'll see them at the wedding and after. They live in the busy city Toronto and of course they are super busy. Let the summer begin with lots of love and continue to create more love for everyone! 30 days of  love – here goes... how I fell in love in 30 days or was it more?