Melody P.4

Catori was the only one standing as the rest of her Coven was sitting in chairs, thinking over earlier events

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Catori was the only one standing as the rest of her Coven was sitting in chairs, thinking over earlier events. It had been a few hours since they were brought to this room, and with enemies all around them, she didn't want to risk leaving and they attacked.

"What are we going to do?" Harmony asked, standing, keeping hold of her child in fear of her disappearing rom her.

Sighing, Catori stopped and looked at Melody. 'The man is her mate, so it's her decision at the end of the day." Her words immediately triggered a growl from Harmony. "No! I will not allow that."

"We have no choice. You know what has happened to other Covens who didn't give into what Aro wanted, plus she'd be safe if she stayed. Santiago wouldn't allow anything to happen to his mate." Catori didn't want to leave Melody, she loved the girl, but she knew the dangers of separating mates.

"She's the right mother. Besides, I'd love to get to know him." She spoke softly, casting her gaze down as she thought about the male guard again. She wondered what he was like. Sweet and sensitive? Strong and dominant? Playful and goofy? She sighed, rubbing her arm as her mind wandered to all sorts of things.

Harmony had nothing else to say, it was her daughter's choice at the end of the day. So she sat down, and brought Melody into her arms. "I don't care how old you are, you'll always be my baby." She whispered, kissing Melody's temple.

"And you'll always be my mom."

-----------

Frowns were displayed on the faces of each of the women as they faced the Masters.

"So you wish for us to join you in this war?" Catori carefully questioned, not liking the sound of any of this newly found information. She was familiar with the laws, and the story of what happened when a little boy was turned and attacked a whole village.

"We're hoping it won't turn into that. I just want to be sure, and if what dear Irena has reported is true, then I know they'll try to fight back in order to protect-"

"The abomination." Caius cuts in, a look of disgust painted on his face.

Aro gave his brother a disapproving look before turning back to the women. "As you see, this is a threat to all of us, and I hope you'd be open to coming with us."

Looking between her sisters, Catori nodded. "We'll come."

---------------

Somehow Melody ended up driving in a van with her mother, Willow and three guards, including the one she knew she was mated to. It was awkward being this close to him, seeing as they were both in the far back right next to one another. She wanted so desperately to speak with him, but her tongue became numb every time she looked at him to say a simple hello.

She frowned, what if he dies and I never got to have a simple conversation with him?

"I like your name." His voice echoed around her head like a soft wind. Melody's eyes widened as she looked over at him, a smile forming on her face. Santiago soon found himself smiling, glad that he got a reaction out of her. He could feel her eyes on him the whole time, and thought he'd be the one to break the ice, and he was glad he did.

"Thank you Santiago, my mom named me, of course. You see, since she was a slave, she was given a name, and once she was freed, she called herself Harmony because she has a deep love for music, and once I was born she wanted another name similar to hers, so Melody it was!" She ranted, suddenly looking away from him as she realized she was rambling. "I'm sorry.." She shyly said.

"No, don't be. I like it, it's very unique and deep." Santiago nodded in agreement with his words. He too was a bit shy. He had never had a female's attention, nor had to talk much, but here she was. Talking to him, and wanting to be in his presence.

"Do you think this will lead to a war?" She suddenly asked, looking back at him, a bit of fear hidden behind her eyes.

Santiago could easily see that her mother kept her sheltered from everything, and took her hand, giving it a tight squeeze. "I hope it doesn't, but if it does, I won't allow anything thing to happen to you."

Melody's eyes lit up, and she leaned in to kiss his cheek. "Nor will I let anything to happen to you."

Okay, okay, sorry if this feels rushed or if it sucks. I just wanted to give this baby some love, and have some strong females displayed in this.