80: The Day Love Burned Brightly | Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Damn woman. We will."

"Good. Okay. I gotta go. Geno is trying to put clay on Marcus' hair now. Poor man can't say no." I could imagine that big guy trying his best to make Geno happy even if it meant destroying his hair.

"Okay. I love you." I told her and I heard her soft hum.

"I love you too." After that, I ended the call with my cheeks hurting from all the smiling. I couldn't stop thoUGH. She's fucking perfect!

"Whipped." I heard Gabriel cough out. I could only flip the bird at him before chuckling.

By the time we have arrived in America, it was already evening. We went straight to the penthouse and crashed.

"Why do I feel like I'm back in college?" Gio groaned before yawning.

"Beats me. You two already have children to take care of." Gabriel shrugged before putting down his black bag.

"When are you tying the knot with Caralei, amico? You two have been together for a long time." I asked and he smiled. This man can be so cold and would not give a fuck with people getting intimidated by him by just standing or even lounging on his seat but would automatically go soft when Caralei is around.

"Soon. I don't want to rush her though. We have all the time in the world." He said. I was happy for him. He had found love with his childhood friend and I was glad they gave each other a chance to be together. Funny how their relationship turned out. They would take a chance to tease, bully and annoy the fuck out of each other especially on Gabriel's side before. And then he came to his senses and began to seriously court her.

"Give them the ring and tie the knot, boys. It's rare to find women we are very compatible and in love with nowadays." Gio advised as he went to the refrigerator and got himself a bottle of water.

"Ah yes! How can we forget you, Gio? The man who made sure Percyla would forever be a De Luca." I chuckled and he wiggled his brows at us before taking a drink.

"Didn't want anyone stealing my girl. She signed up for life with me. I don't want to lose her." He replied after taking a drink.

"Look at us talking about the women in our lives and marriage. We've changed." Gabriel commented and I smiled.

"Changed for the better." I added.

"Yes. For the better. Now let's rest. Where are our rooms?" Gabriel asked.

"There." I pointed to my right down by the hallway.

"Nice. You got this renovated?"

"Yeah."

"That's dope, man. Go figures though. You own the building. I should do this to my own penthouse." Gabriel grabbed his bag and began walking down the hallway.

"Where's mine?" Gio went to take his bag on the coffee table.

"You can choose wherever you want." I gestured him to follow Gabriel.

"Cool! Good night!" He said before rushing to Gabriel and going to the second room beside him.

Morning came and the inevitable has come. We woke up early and worked out before I cooked breakfast for everyone including Luigi who was already prepared for the day when we came back from the gym.

"Does Zeke know we're here?" Gabriel asked in the car. We were now heading to the publishing company he has talked with to release rumors about Biya and I.

"No, Sir. He doesn't." Luigi answered.

"Good. I would love to see his face once we arrived." He smirked.