I turned back around and looked at the giant hole that was behind me. I'm just glad I was the one who fell in it and not someone else. A normal person would have been crushed to death.

It made my mind drift back to the people who are probably stuck under the rubble. Maybe Armin was right, maybe anyone under there is probably dead. No, I can't think like that. I have to have hope. If only I could find a way to communicate with anyone down there and find a way to tell them that help is coming. Maybe if I can find Thomas he can try and connect us into the others, though that might be a bit of a stretch since I think he needs to be super close or even have to touch them to link our minds. Still, anything is worth a try. Hopefully, I run into him up here so I can ask him if that's how his power works.

The more we looked the more I started to give up hope I became. I kept seeing tons of people, but they weren't anyone we recognized. Then again I have to remember that everyone probably got separated with the blast. We haven't made it very far either since the ground is very uneven and keeps shifting a little. Even though we've been walking for a while we've only made it just up the street. Even if they are up here they are probably walking around too looking for people.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. I looked over at Armin and he gave me a confident smile. "We should find someone soon." I think he was starting to notice how worried I was looking.

"Yeah, let's just keep moving," I smiled as a thank you for him trying to make me feel better.

"Mikasa, Armin," I heard a voice behind me and turned around. "Oh thank goodness you two are alright," Hanji said, running up and throwing her arms around both of us.

"I'm glad you're okay too," I said feeling so relieved to finally find another person I recognized.

"Well, I wasn't when I first came to," she said before looking at Zahra. "The blast must have knocked me unconscious and it also took a pretty decent size chunk out of my side. When I came to Zahra was standing over me trying to stop the bleeding. After using my powers I feel a lot better, and I even have a cool new scar," she said, lifting her shirt and showing a part of her side filled with scar tissue.

"A scar? I thought you could just heal yourself?' Armin asked.

"Well yeah I can, but the bigger the wound is the less likely I will be able to repair wounds fully without some scar tissue being involved." I saw another person standing behind her and realized it was Zahra. Good to know both of these guys are okay and that they stuck together after that.

"We were looking around to see if we could find anyone else up here. Then we were going to try and check to see if there were any living people under the rubble."

"There is a 99% probability that there is at least one living person under the rubble," Zahra said, her eyes never leaving the ground.

Oh wow, 99%. That's a lot higher than I thought that would be. It definitely makes me feel better about this whole thing.

"You said at least one living person," Armin said and I could tell where he was going with this and I almost stopped him before he could ask the full question. I didn't want to hear the answer. "Does that mean the probability goes down with every additional person down there?"

"Yes. Two people, it drops to 98%. Three people drops it to 96%. Four people drops it to 93%. Five people drops it to 90%." She paused for a moment realizing she was rambling. "From there it keeps going lower. The only reason it's up so high to start is there is a sewer system under us. People could have easily been pushed into parts of the sewer that haven't collapsed. However, the possibility that everyone who fell down there lived is so low that it might as well be a flat zero. I also want to remind you that my power is taking into account, everyone. Not just people I know, people from just our teams, but everyone civilians and all."