Chapter 39

"Tione go check on ya brother hes been in that damn room all day ," his mom caughs interupting the moment

"Tione go check on ya brother hes been in that damn room all day ," his mom caughs interupting the moment .

"Ayt ma ," he sighs " ill be back soon baby ," he lets go of my hands , kisses my cheek and walks out .

"Good now that his gone we can finally talk ," his mom smiles
"Did Tione get you that ?" She coos looking at my promise ring

"Ummm yeah , yesterday actually ," i smile .

"He never did that for any other girl , im surprised he treats you like a princess , for the past year his heen playing girls after what happened with this other treesh Jasmine, " she scoffs .

"What do you mean ?" I ask .

"Well before Tione went to jail he was dating Jasmine and he seemed to really love her , he called her his lil girlfriend,  she used to write to him when he was in jail , but when he got out she had a boyfriend and he found out at a party ," she sighs .

Damn more and more reasons not to like Jasmine .

"Damn thats really sad ," i frown .

"Hey but look , he got you this ring and from the looks of it its a promise ring ?" I nod and she contimues " one thing about Tione , he doesn't make promises ever , because whenever he does he cant bring himself to break them , so whatever he told you trust and believe his not lying ," she stirs whatever it is in the pot .

Hold up this woman said Tjay went to jail ? Like  im not even finna judge him for that but i thought he would've told me .
I shrug the thoughts off regardless .

" I really love your son  ma'-  ummm Marie , all i wanma do is see him smiling ," i sigh

"Well ion what you do to that boy but he controls his temper when it comes to you ," she laughs .

"Yeah that boy has a bad temper , he punched this other guy Travaughn the other day ,"

"Tjay's messing with the opps again ?" She asks concerned .

"Not necessarily,  he was trash talking me at a party and tjay lashed out at him ," i answer .

"Mmm just make sure that boy doesn't get into any street shit again ,"

~

Tjay and i have lunch at his moms house and then leave . His brother Ba'kari  was pretty nice to me too , and Gloria was really sad to see us go , but we had to .

We're currently on our way to the place where Tjay grew up cause my stubborn ass told him we aren't leaving New York without going there .

"Shaw you sure you can handle this ? You grew up in the subur-" i cut him off

"Tjay for the hundredth time im sure ."

"Okay but when we get there no starring at anyone unless you tryna get hit , ion wanna flame someones ass ," he mumbles the last part to himself .

"Tjay im straight dont worry ,"

"You sumn else , you gave up Dior for the hood ? Nah im still spoiling your ass whenever you want me to ," he chuckles .

We go to the neighbourhood he grew up in and it isnt as scary as his making it seem . Alot of people are outside hanging out in groups , smoking , drinking , doing drugs and all that , most of them under age .

He parks the car and i do have to admit that it looks out of place there like its finna draw alot of attention. 
We walk up and down the block a few times and then we go to a park where Tjay says he used to go to think and we just sit and talk .

"Mavie?" I read the tattoo on his arms that id never noticed . I mean i knew he had a tattoo ive just never taken time to read it .

"Yea , my grandmama , she passed away and i never got to go to her funeral, " he sighs .

I look at him gesturing for him to continue and he does " i was locked up at the time , and before you judge me -,"

"Baby id never judge you ," i look at him .

"It was basically for a petty robbery me and the gang did , the opps snitched on me specifically and i couldn't mention the gang , they ma brothers , so i just took my sentence,"

~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■~■
A/n

Hey guys im tryna pick up the pace . Im trying to build up for the time skip but yeah .

Byeeee potatoes 🥔😋