Are You Prepared To Die?

Zacznij od początku

"As can I," Hassam and Nanaba both said.

"Right, that would be perfect," I nodded, "once we have contact with them we can decide when we want to do this. We will start planning the other mission tonight, but won't put it in motion until we have a set time." I said before giving the floor back to Pixis.

"That's all we had for today. If anyone is having any second thoughts and wants to back out just let one of us know at any time," he said pointing to Eren, me, and himself. "If anyone has any additional ideas also come see one of us, as for the rest of you, just work on perfecting your powers. Spar, train, work on whatever you think would help on the mission. Lord knows we need all the help we can get. That is all," he said, dismissing the meeting. Everyone left the room and Eren and I went straight to Pixis's office to try and make a plan for the newsroom hijacking.

"Who will we need on the team?" was the first question out of Pixis's mouth before he was fully in the room.

"Well, we need a small team that can easily get in and out without difficulty, not too small that we can't get the job done," Eren said brainstorming. "Well I need to be on the mission since now apparently I'm the face of all of this," he sighed.

"Hassam should go, everyone knows his face too, and people might trust us more if he's with us," I said putting my thoughts out there.

"Agreed," Pixis nodded. Surprising. I didn't think he would agree to that. I thought he was going to veto it because it was too dangerous. I guess we are past the point where anything is too dangerous.

"I'm going," I said not really expecting to have to state it but just double-checking.

"Of course," Eren nodded.

"Erwin will be with you," Pixis said.

"Who else is needed?" Eren asked.

"Someone who's good with electronics," I said and we all took a moment to think.

"Jean," we all said at the same time.

"Which means Marco has to go too," Eren sighed, "but I think that will be enough people right?"

"Take Armin too," Pixis said and we both gave him a confused look, "you guys will need a lookout who can't be spotted," he shrugged.

"Good point," I said and we added his name to the list.

"Alright, that's more people than I would have liked for this mission, but it seems like a pretty solid team," Eren nodded. "Now we just have to get them on board for it.

"I'll go ask everyone, and have those who agree meet us in the small meeting room. For now, you guys should watch the sparring matches and help them with anything they need to work on. I'll come grab you when everyone is filled in." Pixis said and I watched Eren stand up.

"Ask everyone except Jean and Marco, we will ask them," Eren said before heading out of the room.

"Why are we asking them?" I asked.

"Because they went to the sparring area and besides they would like the news about a new mission from us a lot more," he shrugged.

"Alright then," I mean if we are going that way already then I can't argue with that.

We headed over and watched as they had just stepped out of the circle. Well, Marco just stepped out of the circle, Jean was already laying on the ground outside of the circle. Marco had offered him a hand when I decided to tease them. "Who won?" I asked.

"Neither of us," Jean said, pouting.

"Sure," I laughed before patting Marco on the back. "Does that mean you're back in the lead again?"

"Yup, no longer tied," he nodded.

"For now," Jean rolled his eyes before placing a kiss on Marco's cheek, "good job babe."

"So we have a mission for you," Eren said, getting their attention.

"The newsroom mission?"

"Yup."

"So what's the plan for it?"

"No plan, not yet at least. Team first, then we all sit down and plan it out," Eren said with a nod.

"Makes sense," Jean looked at Marco who nodded, "We're in."

"Perfect, Pixis is telling the others and then we will all meet back in the smaller meeting room to plan."

"Should we head there?" Marco asked.

"Up to you. Pixis will be coming here to grab Levi and me, you can just wait with us if you want," Eren said, giving them the option. They seemed more than happy to stay with us for the time being.