The Consequences of Our Actions Part 2

Comenzar desde el principio

Nanaba's had shot up and we all got a little confused since Nanaba didn't use her powers. Pixis gave her a nod anyway and she gave him a thankful smile, "I'm speaking on behalf of Hitch," she said clearing up the confusion. "I've noticed she's been hallucinating a little, seeing things, hearing things. This has been happening all day. She'll ask me if I heard it too, or who that person is when no one's there."

We all turned to look at Hitch who was looking around the room confused. I recognized the look on her face. It's the same one Levi had on his. "Has she also been really confused at random times, but then snapped out of it moments later?" I asked.

"Yes, how did you know?" Nanaba asked looking at me.

I looked at Levi who just gave me a nod that it was okay. "Levi's been having that happen to him too," I said, giving his hand a squeeze.

"Hanna's been doing that too," Franz said, speaking up.

Well, it's good to know we aren't alone in this, but scary to know that others are also having random moments of confusion.

"Have you noticed any other things happening with them?" Nanaba asked.

I let Franz go first since he seemed to be ready to speak whereas I was looking to Levi for permission. I wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about that just yet. He gave me a nod and reassured me it was fine saying, "If something is wrong then the others are going to need to know about it."

Franz said that Hanna was also having trouble remembering some things. It wasn't anything too bad, but stuff she would normally know she had no recollection of. Everyone turned to look at me to see if I noticed anything else.

"Well, Levi's been having some issues with his knees. Earlier when he kneeled on the ground his knees got locked like that and we had to help him up. While he was walking up the stairs his knees buckled and he almost fell down the stairs," I said and I could see the concern in everyone's eyes. When I looked at Levi he just closed his eyes. I could tell he wanted us to move on.

"Mine did the same thing," Berthold said everyone's eyes turned to him. "While I was walking up the stairs my knees gave out and I almost fell. "Annie grabbed my arm which was the only thing stopping me from falling down the stairs. I haven't noticed anything else yet though."

We looked around the room and the only two people who haven't said anything about themselves were me and Franz. I could tell Pixis noticed because he called on Franz next to see if he was having any issues.

"I haven't noticed anything really, but I can't describe it. I know some things off, but I don't know what yet," he mumbled.

Pixis turned towards me and before he could ask I just nodded. "Well, um I have no feeling in my fingertips, sorta like Jean's arms. I have no feeling at all. I also can't move my wrist all the way," I said demonstrating. "Other than that I'm not really sure what else might be going on."

Pixis nodded and looked around. We seemed to have got through everyone who might have gotten backlash. "I want to remind everyone that we don't know if all of this is permanent, so don't panic. We are still trying to figure everything out."

"I want to add something," I asked. Pixis nodded and I looked around the room. "We aren't sure if this is even all of what is happening. This is just the start, there could be other issues that we just aren't noticing, so if you do notice something else whether it be big or small please let someone know. We are all going to get through this together." I gave everyone a nod as I finished talking.

"Eren's right, there could definitely be more issues to come. We've never experienced anything like this before so we don't know what to expect. Keep an eye out if you notice anything happening whether it be with you, or someone else then please let us know."

He dismissed us saying that if any of us needed to talk that his office is always open. For once Levi and I were some of the first people out of the meeting room. Usually, we would hang behind and talk with Pixis and Shadis, but today we just needed to clear our minds and process this without anyone but each other.

"I need to lay down," Levi said as we made it down the stairs. I noticed that he was struggling down the last few steps, but he made it down all of them without falling.

"Yeah, let's head back to the room, I think we both need to get off our feet for a moment," I wrapped an arm around his waist and he leaned his head against my arm as we walked.

I wasn't sure if Jean and Marco were heading back to our room, or if they were planning on doing something else, all I knew is that I needed to get Levi off his feet for the moment. I wasn't tired, but I was exhausted. I won't be able to sleep, but I need a break from everything.

"Have your powers started to come back yet?" I asked and Levi just shook his head.

"Not yet, but then again, I don't expect them to come back any time soon, maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky. I really overdid it this time."

"Okay, well let me know if they start to come back," I said. I didn't know if I should worry or be relieved. I mean I want him to get his powers back, but at the same time, I knew if he got them back then he would just feel like shit and be drained from feeling my shitty emotions and hearing my thoughts.

We sat down on the bed and I watched as Levi laid back. He opened his arms for me to cuddle up against him and I gave him a smile before accepting the wordless offer.

We laid there in silence for a moment before he looked down at me. "Do you regret it?"

"Regret what? Staying back and saving all those people?" He just stayed quiet waiting for my answer. "Not one bit. I would do it all again if I had to."

He nodded, "Same here," he said with a smile. "I'm just glad they all made it out safe."

"I wonder what's happening out there. We were so busy worrying about everyone's backlash I forgot to ask if anyone's checked."

"We could always check later tonight, or tomorrow."

I nodded. "I'd like that."