MEMORY ISLAND

Sohail stopped the boat dropping anchor in the sand and helped Vasu get down and both of them walked towards the main house though Sohail knocked thrice there was no response so he kicked the door open and was greeted by smoke and alcohol smell making Vasu cough. They looked at each other before going inside in search of Ram after a few minutes they found him infront of a big wall of photos asleep with beer bottles and cigars.

"Ram...Ram" Sohail called making him open his eyes while Vasu switched on the lights and opened the windows. Ram sat up looking at Sohail then saw Vasu coming towards him and gritted his teeth "Why did you bring her here?"

"She's the one who brought me here" Sohail said making her look at him then Ram stood up and took her wrist dragging her downstairs.

"Ram...Ram..listen to me...please. Let me be here with you. I know you don't want anyone to take care of you but please let me be here" Vasu begged struggling out his grip as Sohail shouted at Ram trying to stop him.

"I told you not to bother me didn't I? Why do you always get in between my life?" Ram yelled at her opening the front door and pushed her out and turned around to Sohail "Take her away from here from. I don't want to see her again" and started walking towards the stairs when Vasu shouted "If you don't want to ever see me then why did you promise that you'll marry me?" making him stop mid stride.

"Then why did you take the beatings from those goons instead of me? If you really didn't have anything for me why did you torture that professor who molested me?" With each question she took a step towards him and stood closely behind him. She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist and whispered into his shirt "How did you think I will ever forget you?"