HEAD ON A PLATTER

Sohail was holding a cotton box when everyone came out and looked at Ani who is curiously watching the box. Seeing Sohail's expression Vasu turned towards Ani "Ani..baby come here" making Ani walk into her arms.

Raghav took the box and opened it to still in his place making Devamma ask "Raghav! What is it?"

Raghav raised his gaze before taking a man's cut off head out making Vasu widen her eyes and mouth while Devamma screamed taking a step back as Vasu held back of Ani's head pressing the little girl's face into her shoulder.

"Our informer in underground. There is a note with it" Sohail handed the note to Ram. He saw it and went silent making Raghav take the note from Ram and read it out loud 'Are you that scared to come see me, my brother's bastard?'

Ram turned around and took Ani into his arms carefully so she wouldn't see what was going on and held Vasu's left hand in his dragging her out of the palace while Vasu looked back at Sohail, Devamma and Raghav who was looking at them walking out of the palace.

Ani was fast asleep on Vasu's lap as Ram was driving them to the campus. She couldn't get her thoughts around the head incident though she is a doctor, she hasn't seen someone's head like that which made her shudder.

"Don't talk about today's incident anywhere. Do it and it'll be your head next time" Ram warned making her look at him.

"You know you can directly ask me how  I am feeling. No need of indirect approaches" Vasu rolled her eyes.

"And why would I do that?" Ram asked.

"Because you care about me and that's the reason you dragged me out from there so I could be safe being at the campus" Vasu explained.

Ram scoffed "Spend your imagination in some stories at least you'll become a story writer, not in my life."

She laughed "It's okay if you don't accept it but that doesn't change the fact that you care for me."

"You are so full of yourself" Ram stated making her smile and look at Ani who's asleep.