Chapter Twenty-Eight

~Lilia~
I felt the room around me closing in. I was losing air. I couldn't be around here anymore. I ran out of the room, leaving my bags inside. I went to the backyard, not wanting to leave but not wanting to stay as well.

Large hands grasped my shoulders, making me shiver. I turned to see Blake staring at me worried and scared. At least he finally put some clothes on. I was scared too though. He had no idea how scared I was. I was scared to be the reason he lost everything. I was scared to be his weight he shouldn't be carrying.

"Lilia talk to me please. What is going on?" I held back as many tears as I could, but some managed to escape every now and then. "We can't keep doing this Blake. You need to focus on formula 1, and I can't keep distracting you." His eyes scanned my face, searching for my real reason. I tried to keep my face stern but I can't with the tears building in his eyes.

"Lilia why would you think you're distracting me?" "Because I am Blake! I keep you occupied when you should be practicing. I can't keep holding you back because I'll hate myself if I do. I'll hate myself if I know you could've had another championship and I took that away from you!" I broke down. He stared at me as I held my hands to my head, trying to help me breathe. "Is that really what you think?" His voice sounded pissed. "It is." He took a step back, tears falling out of his eyes.

"What's the real reason Lilia?" He stood there, his body not moving a muscle. "That's the reason Blake!" "I know you, there's more to this." He was right. He could read me like a book. I soon saw a glimpse of Hannah walking to the kitchen, almost like a calling for a excuse. "Hannah." He crossed his overs over his chest, guarding himself. "Hannah and me have never done nothing. We've been friends and only friends. God if only you could hear the things I would tell her about you." His voice would crack, making my heart break every time.

"Blake I just can't okay. I'm sorry." With that, I pushed passed him. I called a Uber, grabbing my bags and packing them in the car. "So that's it?" I heard Blake say from the front door of the house. I slowly nodded, getting into the backseat of the car. I gave the Uber the address to the hotel we were originally supposed to stay in, crying the whole way.

I had to wait in the foyer until Tyler, Alyssa, Lincoln, and Gabe get in tonight. I spent the night crying, thinking if I made the right decision or not.

I fell. I fell for Blake Fox. I fell for the knight in a blue race suit and helmet. But as much as I was falling, I couldn't be caught by him.

Because he has to catch himself.

                                   ~Blake~
Watching Lilia leave had a different type of pain I've ever experienced. Tears hit the concrete floor as I leaned against the front doorframe.

"Hey I'm putting on a movie if you and Lilia wanna join." I turned to see Hannah staring happily. Her expression changed once she saw my state. "What happened?" "Shes gone Hannah. She left." I rolled down against the frame, my legs giving out on me. She ran to me, shoving a bowl of Cheetos in my face. "Eat a*shole. Explain everything."

I explained everything to Hannah, from start to finish. "Honestly from a girls point of view, there's definitely more to the story." I put the bowl of Cheetos on the table next to me, turning my attention to Hannah. "What are you implying?" "I don't know, but I wouldn't run out like that. Did she mention anything else?" I stared at my hands, thinking of ways to tell her without actually telling her. Is that even possible?

"She mentioned me, didn't she?" I nodded. She sighed, leaning against the wall. "I didn't mean to give her the wrong impression." I leaned my head against the wall, trying to catch up with time. "Yeah I know." Suddenly, Hannah shot up. "I'm going to help you get back together!" I rolled my eyes. "Don't. It'll just make things work." She whined like a child, walking away. "I mean it Hannah!" I yelled towards the kitchen.

I barely got any sleep. The bed felt cold and my head was throbbing. I sat up, seeing it was 3:46 am. I checked my phone to see only 1 text message. 'The tests came back positive. I'm excited but nervous, also leaving now so I'll let you know once we're in Monaco.' 'Congrats dude, be a good man to her and your future child.' I'm happy for Tyler. He's always wanted to be a dad.

The thought of Lilia with my future child made my heart hurt like crazy. I threw my phone across the bed. It lit up, making me grab it quickly. 'Dude why the hell is Lilia crying at our hotel room?'

F*ck me.

                                     ~Lilia~
'Girl guess what, you're going to be aunt! Also just landed in Monaco what room are you staying in?' I read the text Alyssa had just sent me. 'Don't worry I'll come to you, what room?' '315. We're on our way :)' I ran to the room. I guess I was early since nobody was answering when I knocked twice. I sat down on the floor, waiting for Alyssa to come. The more time I was waiting, the more I realized I was alone.

And it was my fault I was alone.

Tears flooded my eyes, begging to escape. Soon, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I looked to see Alyssa staring at me like a mother would. Oh how she would make a great mother.

"Babe what's wrong?" I looked to see her and Tyler staring at me with concern. I couldn't hold back much longer, pouring myself into Alyssa's shirt.

"I ended it. I ended things with Blake and I can't do anything about it." She patted my back. We probably looked like crazy people laying on the floor in the hallways crying but it really didn't matter at the moment. I needed to let it out.

Alyssa picked me and took me inside her room, Tyler following behind us. "Why?" Tyler asked while he grabbed water bottles for us. "I needed to. I could've ruined his career." They both looked at me confused. "I don't get it, you've done nothing to ruin his career what are you even talking about?" Alyssa said to me. I placed my face into my palms, not wanting to face them. "If we stayed together he wouldn't be able to race ever again."

I looked back up, seeing Alyssa still concerned and confused but something on Tyler's face changed. He seemed like he understood my problem. He looked pissed as well.

Tyler walked out of the room without saying anything, making me question what he's doing.