Chapter Forty-Eight

~Lilia~
Race day. The final day here until we go back to Seattle for the final championship. Alyssa sadly had to miss this race because they had made her stay overnight with Adrian, but I promised to watch over Tyler for her. I'm taking care of 2 giant children, GO ME!

I watched the race from the garage, and I'm having take care of both Blake and Tyler's radio today.
"Okay you sh*theads, both you better listen carefully to whoever's name I call so you don't get mixed up." "Got it." They both said. "Dude you deal with this everyday?" I heard Tyler say into his radio. "Just wait till we start racing." Blake said. "I can hear both of you." I slightly yelled into my mic.

The race went on like a breeze. Blake took first while Tyler took second. Roger overtook Isaac, putting him in forth. Thank god. I watched yesterday's conference and I was furious with what he said. I wish I had thrown a heel at him but I was busy taking care of my newborn nephew.

We sadly couldn't stay to see any fans or interviews since we scheduled the first flight back to Seattle. Alyssa and Adrian were already waiting for us at the airport. This weekend was a lot to take in with the situation with Isaac and Alyssa's baby. I need a relax day but sadly I won't be getting that.

When we land in Seattle, I'm having dinner with my parents. I was nervous the whole ride. "Need a hug?" Blake asked behind me. I nodded. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. The sound of his heartbeat made me calm down but the thought was still in my head.

We landed and my heart dropped. Coming back home I thought I would be okay but reality had different plans for me. Blake grabbed my bags from the plane and put them in his car. "What's wrong?" "You think it was a mistake to agree to go to dinner with my parents?" He stared at me for a minute. He put his hands on my shoulders, making me look at him. "I think you'll be okay. You're letting it get into your head too much." I nodded.

We drove to our home that I haven't seen in 9 months. When Blake opened the door, I ran towards Lisa. "Lisa!" I cheered as I ran towards her in the kitchen. I pulled her into a tight hug. "Ah Ms. Hendrix it's great to see you again." She said in our hug. "It's not Hendrix anymore." Blake yelled from the living room.

Lisa pulled away from our hug and took my left hand, looking at the rock on my ring finger. "Oh my god that's amazing! I'm so happy for you both!" She pulled me into another hug. Blake entered the kitchen and stood in front of the kitchen island. "Yeah she's pregnant too." I pulled away from the hug. "No I'm not!" "We never know." He said, smirking at me.

I drank some coffee Lisa made for me to calm my nerves for dinner. As I put on my heel, I looked in the mirror at myself. My black blouse and tight skirt didn't look right to me. Blake stood behind me, massaging my shoulders. "You're doing it again." He said. "Doing what?" "Doubting yourself. Everything will be fine." I took a deep breath and turned around to face him. "Can you come with me? I think I'll feel better if you come." "Are you sure?" I nodded at him.

We waited in the car together, staring at the restaurant. I was debating on walking in or tell Blake to drive away. He took my hand off my thigh and interlocked with his. "We don't have to if you don't want to." He said. I watched as my mother and father walked into the restaurant. "It's okay, let's go."

We walked in, sitting down with my parents across from us. "Hello Lilia." My mother said in a annoyed voice. Her eyes were drawing holes into me. "Darling I'm glad to see you're doing well." "Thanks dad."

My mother stared at Blake like he was a threat. "So, how have things been?" I asked. "As good as they can be. Oh here he is!" My mother excitedly said. I turned back to see Alex walking into the restaurant. You have got to be f*cking kidding me.

I scooted my seat closer to Blake, removing any space between us. "Lilia good to see you." Alex said in a fake amusement voice. I nodded, not answering back to him. "Lilia don't be rude." My mother called at me.

Alex sat beside my mother across from me, both of them staring down at me now. "So what have you been up to? Other than traveling the world." My mom said with annoyance. "I actually became a manager for Blake. The job is great and I actually like it a lot." My mother sipped her tea, eyeing me. "That's great Lilia." My father added on.

"Well the doctors office always need new help. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you again." My mother added. "I won't be going back there."

Her eyes scanned my choice of clothing. "When did you starting wearing so much black. It's so.. blah." She said. "I just like how the color looks on me." I said. She hummed as she sipped her tea again.

"Mom, dad." They both turned their attention to me.

"Me and Blake are married now."

Their eyes widened. My mother looked as if steam was coming out of my ears. "Unacceptable." She scowled at me. "I'm tired of this! I'm done trying to be civil with you. I have tried to put you back on the right track for yourself but you keep going back to whatever this is!" She said as she waved her finger at me and Blake.

"Ma'am with all do respect, I do love your daughter. I plan to respect her and give her everything she deserves." "Oh bullsh*t! If you were planning to tell me about your marriage, you should've never come." My mother called out. A felt a tear run down my left cheek. That was probably the worst my mother had said to me. I was tired of all of this. I knew it was a bad idea to come.

I grabbed Blake's hand and squeezed it. "I came because I wanted to try and fix what this toxic relationship is with you mom, but you still can't change for me. If anyone's done trying, it's me! I'm done trying to fix whatever this relationship is because obviously you care about your own happiness than your own daughter." With that, Blake and me walked out of the restaurant.

Me and Blake stood in the front of the restaurant. "Are you okay?" I shook my head, feeling lightheaded.

My father walked out of the restaurant behind us. "Darling?" I turned my head slowly to see him concerned. "I'm so sorry. I wish I was there." He pulled me into a small hug.

"I'll admit, I'm a little upset I didn't get ask to give you away but I'm so happy for you." I chuckled at his response. I pulled away from the hug as he wiped away tears. My father turned his attention to Blake. "Please take care of my little girl." Blake wrapped his arm on my shoulder. "I promise."

There it was again, the lightness. Everything around me was going dim. I don't know what was happening but the world start spinning.

Lights went black as I couldn't recognize my dad or Blake.

Everything went black.