Chapter Thirty

~Lilia~
It's been 2 days since I left Blake, and damn it's been lonely. I decided to get a room for the rest of the weekend to leave Alyssa and Tyler alone but that just made me feel worse.

The boys started their first and second practice races today. I watched from the podium balcony, not wanting to be around everyone in the garage pit. Even though I didn't cheer or say anything, I was still proud of Blake. He didn't make P1 as usual, making P4 instead. I could tell he was beating himself over it but he doesn't understand the future he has coming his way.

Especially now that he can stay for 3 more years.

After the race I stayed for a while, waiting for everyone to leave. As I was about to get up to leave, I heard the door behind me open.

I look over my shoulder to see a sweaty Blake. He looked surprised to see me. I haven't faced him since the day I left, and I doubt he saw me yesterday by the elevators.

"What are you doing here? Don't you want to be in the pit?" I shook my head, not saying a word. He hummed in response, leaning against the wall and taking his gloves off. He played with his gloves. The tension around us was thick. He never lifted his head to even look at me. I decided to break the silence but I should've kept my mouth shut.

"So, you and Claire?" He never lifted his head, keeping his eyes on his gloves. "What about it?" His voice told me he wasn't pleased with me bringing her up. "Nothing." I turned my attention back to the track. The wind hit me, like a wake up call that I couldn't answer.

"I'm gonna go." I got up from my seat. Finally he looked up, watching me as I was walking towards the door. As I was about to reach for the door knob, a arm wrapped around my waist stopping me.

I stared down at the arm around me. His hand latched onto my waist, holding for dear life. We both didn't dare move or speak, just staying as we are. I finally moved to face him. His eyes already on me.

For a moment, it felt nothing was wrong between us. There was no heartbreak. No distractions. Just us.

His eyes scanned my face, landing on my lips. As I thought he was about to pull me, he let go of my waist, leaning back against the wall. I stumbled for a moment to regain myself. I quickly ran out.
On my way down the hallway, my air was knocked out of me when I ran into a hard surface.

And everything went black.

~Blake~
My mind was a mess. I placed P4 for the practice race. I haven't placed that low since 2 years ago. I needed fresh air, away from the cars and workers. I walked up to the podium balcony, wanting to just relax for a moment.

Opening the door, I was surprised to see none other than Lilia sitting on the first place podium. It took me a moment to realize she wasn't in the garage during practice. I guess I was so focused to not notice until now.

"What are you doing here? Don't you want to be in the pit?" She shook her head, moving her body to face me. F*ck. I hummed in response, taking off my gloves while walking towards the wall. As I leaned against the wall, my mind turned against me. I imagined myself grabbing her and begging her back. I imagined taking her back home and f*cking her. I made myself more hot than I already was in my race suit.

She suddenly broke the silence. "So, you and Claire?" I couldn't look her in the eyes and lie to her. It breaks me enough to hear her mention the b*tch's name. "What about it?" I sound like a d*ck. I don't know how much longer I can keep the act up between me and Claire.

Just a few more days and that b*tch can be fired.

"Nothing." She moved her body back to face the track. I would sneak glances but I wanted more. I craved more.

This is torture.

"I'm gonna go." She got up from her seat, grabbing my attention. I should let her leave, we aren't together anymore anyways. The thought of her leaving was killing me slowly. I wanted to hug her, pull her back from leaving.

I don't know what happened but my body went against me as my right arm wrapped around Lilias waist. Her breathing became heavy, and my eyes never left her.

We stood still and I wanted to stop time. I wanted to tell her everything I've been doing to get her back, but I couldn't. Not until it was over.

She finally looked up at me, our eyes locking. I stare at her features glowing from the sunlight, dropping to her lips. I wanted to kiss those lips. Claim them mine again. I wanted to smear the lipstick she was wearing and prove to her I was scared for her to leave forever.

But I didn't. I let go. I let go of the one person who can keep me sane. She stumbled back, and I was tempted to grab her again. She ran out, and I caught my breath.

My heart ached and every butterfly I felt was now killed. I quickly reached into my pocket, pulling out my phone. 'I need to meet with you immediately.' 'I'm free in 20 minutes.' 'Sounds good. Bring the contract.' 'Got it.' I took a deep breath.

These past 2 days have been brutal torture. I wanted to end it now. In 20 minutes it'll be over. I can cut the sh*t I have with Claire off and finally get Lilia back.

As I was putting my phone back into my pocket, Hannah busted through the door. "Blake that b*tch did something to Lilia!" I was confused but worried. "B*tch?" "Claire f*ck, hurry up!"

We ran out to see Lilia laying unconscious on the ground. My stomach dropped at the sight in front of me. I ran to her and lifted her. "What the f*ck happened?" I yelled at Hannah. I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't control myself. "Claire hit her with the door." My rage was building inside me. I looked around for security cameras, catching one in the corner.

"Please tell me she's gonna be okay." Hannah was acting as a worried mother, making Lilia her dying child. I checked her neck, feeling a pulse still. Her breathing was normal, but she had a large cut on her forehead. "She'll be fine I think. Here." I handed Lilia to Hannah. "Take her to the suite and put ice on her head." "And you? You should be there for her when she wakes up!" "I can't Hannah. I need to get security tapes and meet with someone. Just take care of her for me."

Hannah walked off with Lilia wrapped around her arms. I rushed towards the front office. "I need the security tapes for today by the podium balcony hallway." The woman behind the desk looked suspicious. "We don't give them out to anyone sir." I banged my fist against the desk. "It's important and either you can help me or I'll find someone else who can." I frightened the woman, her finally giving in.

I scanned to the time and for sure, I see a door open. The door opened revealing Claire hitting Lilia. She didn't bother helping her, instead walking off. I saw Hannah run to check Lilia before running off and both of us coming back into the frame.

"You ready?" I looked up to see them holding the contract. F*ck Claire, she's going to f*cking regret it once I sign this sh*t.