Chapter Twelve 

~Blake~
When I looked into the peephole, I noticed a woman and man. They seemed around their 40s, maybe 50s. As I was about to unlock the door, I saw Alex come up from behind them. "Are you sure she's in there?" The woman asked. "I'm sure. She is confused and this man is manipulating her." I was furious. How dare this f**ker say that. I immediately removed my hand from the knob and locked all doors around the house and went to sleep. I couldn't care less if they were to bang on the door. He will not come to my f**king house to disrespect me like that.

Then next morning I woke up to help Lisa with breakfast. I asked if everything for dinner was ready as she gave me a smile nodding. "I don't get why it's stressful though, it's just a dinner with her parents and you're a great guy." I smiled but my heart ached. As much I didn't like her parents, I still wanted to impress them. I wanted to think there was still hope to change their minds. As I was lost in my thoughts I heard a familiar voice come from behind me. "Good morning both of you." I turned to see Lilia with a small smile on her face. Lisa gave her a hug then grabbed her bag. "Where are you going?" Lilia asked. "My husband is in the hospital so I'm going to go visit him. You too have fun tonight." She said as she gave me a wink. After Lisa left, I turned to see the sleeping beauty behind me.

"Do not say it." I was holding back laughter as she had bed hair. "If you say anything you'll be sleeping in the guest room." "Isn't this my house?" She laughed as she grabbed 2 plates of breakfast and set them on the kitchen island, motioning me to sit.

"So, can we do steak?" She asked. I knew it was time to tell her the plan. "So I asked Lisa to reserve a venue for us. Don't worry they'll serve steak but also other things, almost like a restaurant." She stared at her plate as she took a moment to think. "I guess that's okay." I was relieved. I don't know what I would've done if she told me no.

~Lilia~
As the day went by, me and Blake spent time working on dinner for tonight. I had to warn him of some of the mean comments my parents can say, mostly my mother. He seemed to take things well, which I was very impressed by. It was now 5:47 pm as I was finishing my makeup when Blake walked into the bathroom. He was wearing a black button up with black formal pants and a belt. Dear god help me. My mouth went dry. I became hungry. F**k.

"Does this look good?" He asked me. "Very good." I said in a devious way, and he noticed. He chuckled as he walked up to me and placed his hands on the sink, trapping me. "You look gorgeous." He said as his right hand found my waist. "I guess this dress really does fit you well." He whispered into my ear. His hand massaged my waist and even though I had a dress on, I still felt the heat of him on my skin. I had to think of something to calm myself. "It reminds me of your race uniform." I said as I turned around to face the mirror. He placed his chin on my shoulder as he scanned me through the mirror. "It does. I'm glad you noticed." He smiled as he walked away.

After I was finished, I put on a pair of sliver heals and grabbed my bag as I walked out. I saw Blake sitting on the bed while on his phone. I had a glimpse of Alex seeing him like that. Whenever I would ask if I looked okay, he would stare at his phone and not respond. I took a deep breath as I walked out. "Do I look okay?" I asked. He shot his head up and scanned me up and down. He gave me a smile before he got up and stared at me. "You look beautiful." I felt my cheeks heat up. I gave him a small peck as we walked out together.

As we pulled into the venue, I saw 2 other cars, noticing they were my mother and Alex's cars. Blake opened the door for me as I stepped out. He interlocked his hand with mine as he gave me a reassuring smile, walking inside.

When we walked in, I saw my parents sitting at a table along with Alex. As they turned to face me, my mother looked pissed. My heart started beating fast, the room became hot. We slowly walked up as I started hearing my own heartbeat through my ears.

"Lilia! It's been too long darling." My father said as he pulled me into a tight hug. "I know dad I'm sorry. I'm glad to see you and mom are still doing well." My mother was still giving me a stink eye. Unlike my dad, she was never happy with some of my choices. My dad did want me to become a doctor and wanted me to be with Alex, but he also knew I wouldn't be happy. Even after the Alex incident, he helped me somewhat. My dad slowly started changing after I left and we kept in small contact since, but my mother is still the same b**ch she always has been.

"And who's this man?" My dad asked as Blake stood behind me. "This is Blake, my boyfriend." My dads face lit up. "Blake Fox, I'm a huge fan." He said as they shook hands. Blake chuckled, "Its a pleasure to meet you sir." My mom got up from her chair and gave me a small hug, not saying a word to me. She gave Blake a small handshake before sitting back in her chair. "So darling, how is Seattle?" My dad asked. "It's very nice here. I love the weather and they have such amazing things to explore here. You guys should visit more often." I said. "Oh we won't have to." My mom said, catching me of guard. "What do you mean you won't have to?" Blake asked.

"We're moving to Seattle."

My stomach dropped. They can't be serious. I turned to Blake as he already had my hand with his. "Why the sudden move? Why are you just telling me this now?" "We wanted it to be a surprise honey. We heard about the terrible fight you and Alex had and since we already bought the house here we decided to have you come back and live with us." I was fuming inside. "I already am staying somewhere." My mom looked pissed after my sentence. "Oh we know." She said as she rolled her eyes. The disrespect she has is unbelievable. "It was just a suggestion darling. If you have your own place it's okay." My dad said, as I gave him a nod.

"So how are your study's going Lilia?" Alex asked. I felt my head become heavy. Blake seemed to have his eyes glued on Alex, like as if he was the prey. "Honey I hope you plan to start working soon. You can't keep doing classes and not going anywhere." My mother said. "Actually I dropped the classes." Suddenly the table became quite. My dad was staring at my mom waiting for a reaction. "You what?" My mother said furious. "I don't want to be a doctor or a surgeon. I want to be a dancer." My mother immediately stood up. "I can't believe you would throw your whole career away for a stupid thing like dance. And this man." She said motioning towards Blake. "He manipulating you and you don't even notice. Alex told us about him. You think he will actually stay with you Lilia? The only one who will actually be there for you is Alex and we both know that."

My vision had become blurry. My dad tried to calm down my mother but she wouldn't budge. I saw Alex sitting across from me, smirking. I couldn't hold back anymore. I stood up for the first time, I was standing up to my mom. "Let me ask you this. When have you ever been a mother to me? When have you ever supported me? I have done everything you've ever asked from me and I still manage to disappoint you. I'm 19 now mom I'm not a kid anymore. I'm done with having my life being controlled by someone like you." I grabbed Blake's arm as I pulled him out of the venue. As we were walking out, I heard my mom shout. "When he hurts you don't come back!"

As we got inside the car, tears started flowing out. Blake grabbed me and pulled me close to him. "I'm so sorry." I said between each cry. "You stood up to her, I'm proud of you." He was right though, I did stand up for myself. I wish dinner had gone more smoothly but I don't regret how it went, because I knew someday I will be taken more seriously to them.

~Blake~
She was becoming who I knew she would become. She was slowly taking control and I was thanking god for letting me be the one beside her to see it all. As I pulled away from the hug, I pulled her into a passionate kiss. I wanted all of her. She tugged on my shirt, and that just made my hunger grow more. I pulled away from the kiss as I placed my hand on her thigh. She smiled at me and she turned on the radio and started dancing as we drove away.

As we were 10 minutes away from the house, I noticed a certain car that has been following us for a while. I asked Lilia if she knew that car and she immediately told me to pull into a gas station. When I did, I saw the same car park at the Walmart across from us.

"That's my mother's car."