Chapter Thirty-One

~Blake~
I followed David into a business meeting room. He sat across from me, placing the contract in front of me. "Has Peter told you about the new contract?" "The terms or the multi year part?" He looked away in disappointment. "Both."

"I'm not signing if you keep Lilias term on there." "It wasn't my idea." My frustration was growing. "I know it wasn't but that doesn't change the facts that it's on there. You control my contract. You sign my checks. Why is someone else's words getting to you?" I must've hit a nerve in David. His eyes roamed the room trying to find anything to look at but me.

"Your performance has been extraordinary this season." I leaned against my chair, ready for a bullsh*t excuse for why he can't take the term off. "Cut to the sh*t David." He finally looked me in the eyes. "Peter and Claire worry that Lilia will drag you out." My hand went into a fist, trying my hardest now to slam it against the desk. "Lilia has done nothing but push me to do better this season. Those manipulative sh*ts got in your head and you let them."

David stood from his chair, making it slam against the wall from his speed. "You don't think I know that. Tyler told me that Lilia ended things because of the contract. You're happiness and mental health mean more to me than championship trophies." He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. "All the terms are off the contract. Peter and Claire don't know that yet so please let me be the one to tell them." My frustration was slowly going down. I grab the contract, flipping through each page and reading carefully. Coming to the end, David did take all terms off.

I grab a pen and sign my name on the contract, sealing my fate with McLaren for the next 3 years, luckily with Lilia once this mess is over. As I push the contract forward, David finally sits back into his seat. "You're one of my best drivers, and I can see she has definitely been a big impact on you. The great kind." I stare at my hands on my lap. His words hit my chest hard. Not because the aren't true, because they are. But because she isn't around to help me at the moment.

"I need Claire gone." I didn't hesitate to tell David. He didn't show any emotion at my request. "We can't fire her for trying to put a term on a contract." "What if for hurting someone important to me?" I slid my phone across the desk, playing the security tape of Claire hitting Lilia with a door. He looked unfazed watching the entire video. He pushed my phone back to me. "That might be a reason but keep that video for proof." I nodded. "I also want to be in the room when you tell them the terms were taken off." David nodded.

I got up from my chair, shaking David's hand before heading towards the door. I looked back over my shoulder. "Thank you again David. You're probably the only person on the management team that I can tolerate." I received a small laugh from him. "I hope you don't plan to keep Peter as your agent after this incident." "Not likely. He can kiss my as*." I opened the door, leaving behind any bad feelings I had.

                                      ~Lilia~
I finally had time to enjoy some time with Lincoln, since Alyssa was having sickness today due to her pregnancy. "So what do you think we're having? A nephew or niece?" Lincoln said excitedly. "I don't know. All we know is she's pregnant and we have less than 8 months to get ready." Lincoln was practically having huge baby fever, stopping at every baby store we passed by.

Monaco was above my expectations. I loved the fresh breeze it had and the sounds of the water moving was soothing to me. The people around were kind and always on a great amount of energy. I would love to stay here for a longer moment than a week.

We finally got back to the hotel, carrying bags that didn't even belong to me. Lincoln had more than 10 bags, making me carry at least 5. As we walked in, I bumped into a large structure. I lost my balance for a second, but a large arm wrapped around me. I finally opened my eyes, seeing Blake staring back at me.

He quickly brought me back up, picking up the bags I dropped. Lincoln got the bags from Blake's hand. "Blake thanks for making Lilia drop my bags. Now the baby is going to have dirty clothes!" He complained. "Can you give us a minute?" Before I had the chance to stop Lincoln, he was already walking away.

"What do you want?" "A second chance." I stared at his face, showing nothing but honesty. I moved my eyes down to my feet, switching my weight on each foot. "I don't know why you're asking me. It's usually the person who did the leaving who asks." "I'm a hopeless romantic." His comment made me chuckle.

"I don't know. You have to focus on your racing." I heard him take a deep breath, sounding annoyed. "I can focus on multiple things Lilia. Stop worrying about my race career for one minute and think about us." That was the thing, I didn't want to. When I think about us I think of the pain I put on us. I think of the outcome his career could face if I would've stayed.

"Blake we can't. We-." Before I could finish, he lifted my chin with his hand. He stared back at me, locking me in place. "One date. One night. That's all I'm asking for right now." I don't know what I was thinking but I slowly nodded. A small smile crept onto his face. "That's all you're getting though." I stepped back, releasing myself from his touch.

As I was walking to the elevators I was stopped. "I have a request though." I turned around, crossing my arms over my chest in annoyance. "I'm already going on a date with you, what else could you possibly want?" He chuckled at my annoyed state. Stop that, it's not helping me stay guarded as*hole! "No more staying in the podium balcony. I want to see you in the garage pit tomorrow." I shook my head, while he nodded. "Not happening." "It's not like I'm putting you against death." I beg to differ. I rolled my eyes. "I'll think about it." He nodded, finally letting me leave.

When I got back to my hotel room, I slid against the door. There goes my plan for staying away. Fate, please stop battling me and let me live!

I walked to the window, watching Blake get into his car and drive off. F*ck, how could I let my stupid mind say yes. I heard my phone ding, seeing Blake's name light the screen. 'Wear something nice tomorrow :).' 'How long have you been planning this?' 'Too long.' My chest rumbled at me laughing.

Sh*t, stop it. We can't lead to anything more. This is a small date, don't get any ideas Lilia.