Chapter Forty

~Blake~
I probably am the worst boyfriend ever. I spent the entire week planning Lilias birthday and most of it was rushed. Not only that but since we left Monaco, planning as been more difficult. Alyssa and Lincoln gladly took off some things for me since they've known her longer and know what she likes but that didn't heal the hole forming in my heart for forgetting her birthday.

I woke up to a ding by my head, seeing my phone light up. 'Flowers are with Hannah and blueberry pancakes are being made by me, the best btw!' Lincoln texted me. I raced downstairs. I was greeted by Hannah, Alyssa, Lincoln, and Tyler. "Is she awake?" Hannah asked. I shook my head. "Thank god, Linc is taking forever with these pancakes." "Hey! The birthday girl deserves her favorite pancakes and that takes time!" Lincoln waved a spatula at Hannah.

I grabbed the white roses off the kitchen island. "White roses?" "They're her favorite." Alyssa added on.

"What's going on?" We all turned to see a tired Lilia at the door frame of the kitchen.
Sh*t, f*ck, sh*t!
She noticed the bouquet of roses I was holding. Her eyes switched from the roses to my face. I walked up to her and gave her the roses. "Happy birthday beautiful." She grabbed the bouquet and gave me a kiss. "Thank you, I love them!" She smiled at the flowers.

She tilted her head to see behind me, "Pancakes!" She smile got wider. "From the best chef in this house!" Lincoln did a bow. Lilia laughed as she put the flowers down on the kitchen island and hugged me. "This is amazing, thank you." She mumbled in my ear. I pulled her closer into our hug. "I have more planned love." She pulled away and gave a me a curious look.

We all ate breakfast together and Lilia ate so many pancakes. I think I might need to steal the recipe from Lincoln. He must've added some voodoo to these because they are no ordinary blueberry pancakes.

When we finished, everyone left to go finish last minute things for the party. "There's a dress in the closet for you." I whispered into her ear. Lilia looked up and frowned her eyebrows. "What kind of dress?" "A dress that'll look good on you." I said as my hand traced her thigh. Her hand went to my pajamas pants as she ran her finger across the hem of my pants. She stood up from her chair and walked away, leaving me in distress now.

I waited downstairs to let Lilia get ready. I lifted my head when I heard the sound of heels. I saw a black tight dress fitted around her curves. Her legs look flawless as her body matched the dress perfectly. Thank you Alyssa.

The sight itself made blood rush from my brain down to my d*ck. Is it too late to call everyone and cancel everything?

Nope, Lincoln would probably kill me.

"Wow. I.." Words couldn't form out of my mouth. I was speechless. The sight of her in her own world enjoying herself is taking my breath away.

She walked up to me and placed her palms on my chest. "I like it." "I do too." She placed a kiss on my cheek. "Okay now unless you plan on wearing pajamas for my birthday I suggest you go get ready." "I don't know, they look stylish don't you think?" I modeled my Spondgebob pajamas, receiving loud laughs from Lilia.

I went up and put on a black button up with black formal pants and my leather jacket. I wanted to look best for Lilia since today was a very special day.

We walked out together and took a stroll to where I plan to take her to dinner. I brought her to her favorite restaurant in the city of Paris. Thank you god for bringing us here.

She was pleased with the interior of the restaurant as well. Her eyes scanned the room and the light always seemed to shine perfectly on her. We ordered our food and ate and I would say it was a major success. Her smile never left the gorgeous face.

It was finally 8pm, and time to take her to her party. We stood in front of the venue, a club that Lincoln picked. "You did this?" "Well, Lincoln chose the place but I had it planned in my head." She giggled. "What?" "You should've never let Linc choose a place, especially if he chose a club." Her response made me nervous but curious.

We walked into the club and went upstairs to our vip section. Everyone screamed 'Happy Birthday!' Alyssa and a already drunk Lincoln ran up to hug Lilia. "B*tch you're finally 21, we have to do shots!" Lincoln yelled. "I think I'll wait on that." Lilia slightly pushed Lincoln off. "Not like I can do any, but happy birthday babe!" Alyssa hugged Lilia and shot me a glare. Damn, how does Tyler deal with you?

Lilia enjoyed herself at her party, drinking and dancing. She barely had any drinks but I'm glad she didn't because my surprise would probably be ruined if I had to do it in front of a drunk Lilia.

I asked for the mic from the Dj. He handed me the mic and turned down the music.

"Hello everyone. First off I want to say thank you all for coming to a birthday for a very beautiful girl." Cheers filled our vip as I saw Lilia smile while leaning against the private bar. "MY BABY IS 21!" Lincoln screamed. I saw Lilia hit him on the shoulder.

"Anyways, I want to say a few words to the birthday girl so please." I stepped aside and signaled Lilia to walk up to the small stage. Her heels made clicks against the floor as everyone watched her walk to the stage. Finally the beauty I fell in love with was in front of me.

"Lilia, I never knew one day at a race I would meet you. I lost my thoughts when I first laid my eyes on you. You sat there eating popcorn with Alyssa and Lincoln and I was hypnotized from then on." Tears started filling Lilias eye.
I'm about to cry too love.

"You always know how to make me feel wanted and proud. You push me every single day to work harder and now you're a my manager and I'm so glad it's you and no one else." Cheers from the McLaren F1 family rang. David lifted his beer bottle at me as I stepped back for my last few words.

"You bring me peace and happiness. I don't know how I was able to live the past years without you but I do know I don't want to live the future without you."

I placed the mic down and got on one knee.

Gasps filled the club, including Lilias.

I pulled out a black velvet box and opened it to Lilia.

My mothers bright engagement ring shined from the lights of the club.

"Lilia Hendrix, will you make me the happiest and probably the craziest man in the world and marry me?"

Cheers rang in the vip section of ours as everyone was waiting for her response.

"Blake I...I can't."
"Congratul- WHAT THE HELL!" Lincoln yelled.
And my heart stopped.