Chapter Thirty-Two

~Lilia~
I woke up to sunlight beaming through my hotel curtains. I checked my phone to see a text from Blake. 'Good morning. See you in the pit later.' The sight of the text made me feel sparks fly inside me. I forgot that Blake wanted me in the pit. As much as I don't want to be around, I decided to go ahead and watch the qualifying race from there.

I got ready, and in the middle of fixing my hair my phone started ringing. I saw Blake's contact calling me, answering on the second ring. "Hello?" "Good morning to you too. You didn't respond to my text." "Sorry I'm in the rush." Liar, you just didn't know what to say. "Well the third practice race is about to start then qualifiers." "I might not make it for the start of practice but I'll be there for qualifying I promise." I heard a small sigh on the other line, making me question myself. "Okay." I didn't say anything after. The phone remained quite for a minute. "I'm gonna go get ready, bye." "Bye." I heard the phone call disconnect, making me feel lonely again.

Stupid b*tch, and who's fault is that? Oh right, mine!

I finally finished and ran to the tracks. Like I said, I wasn't able to make it in time for the practice race, as they were already half way done. Lincoln and Alyssa spotted me, waving at me. I walked towards them since I haven't seen them much.

"Finally, you've missed every race this weekend. What's wrong with you?" Lincoln nudged me in the shoulder. "I just haven't been in the mood to watch." Alyssa eyed me, making me feel guilty for not telling Lincoln the truth. "Well Blake hasn't been doing well, he placed P4 yesterday and he's stuck in P7 right now." "Linc don't bring bad luck to him." I smacked his head at his comment. I turned my attention to the track, watching each car zoom past.

Soon, the practice race ended. The guys only have 2 hours until they have qualifiers. Blake and Tyler both got out of their car, being sweaty and gross. Alyssa ran up to Tyler, giving him his water bottle and giving him a small hug. "Don't let the stink of him spread to you!" I yelled at Alyssa, receiving a small glare back.

Blake didn't dare come near me, rather staying next to his car instead. He leaned against his car as he spoke to workers. This whole weekend he hasn't been on his best. All races he's placed under the top 3, which isn't normal for him.

Claire pushed her way past all the workers, claiming Blake. The sight made me sick. I decided to go get coffee instead of watching the man I love with the girl I hate.

In the middle of making coffee, someone bumped into me. "Sh*t, I'm so sorry." I looked to see Hannah dropping a pair of jazz shoes. "It's okay." I kneeled down and grabbed her shoes, handing them back. "You dance?" She nodded. "It's actually something I love. Jazz and hip hop are my favorite." Seeing as Hannah and me share dance in common, I might be able to survive this weekend if I spent more time with her.

I invited Hannah to sit and talk to me, seeing as I don't want to go back to the garage to see Claire shoving herself into Blake. "So why jazz and hip hop?" I asked. "It's fun and upbeat. I like something I can dramatically move to." I laughed at her response. "So Blake told me you like lyrical and ballet, why of all styles that?" The way she mentioned Blake made butterflies appear in my stomach. "I like the flow movements. The music and moves tell a story together and I really enjoy telling a story through a dance, especially when I can't explain in words." She understood me, nodding. "I could never. Ballet is probably my least favorite." We both laughed in unison.

Getting to know Hannah, I found so much to like about her. I can see why now Blake is fond of her. She's caring, nice, funny, and a amazing hip hopper to add.

We must've lost track of time since the qualifying race was about to begin. Me and Hannah both went back to the garage pit, seeing workers roll out Tyler and Blake's car out onto the grid. I was praying to got to let Blake get at least P3.

The lights turned off, and roar of engine screamed as all the cars started speeding down the tracks. Everyone in the garage cheered. Lincoln, Alyssa, and Hannah all watched and hyped up our favorite boys, while I kept quiet. I was cheering for him in silence.

I decided to take a step back into my old ways and ask for a headset to listen in on Blake's radio. "I'm sorry Lilia but-." Before Peter could finish he was cut off. "Let her have the headset Peter." I saw a older man who looked in his 50s defend me. I silently thanked him, taking the headset from Peter's hand and placing it on.

"I need you to keep a eye on Roger. He's getting too close." Blake's voice sounded irritated in the radio. "You need to be careful, stop worrying about everyone behind you and worry about moving up the grid." Peter's words annoyed me. The way he talked to Blake was how a father would talk to their son over a simple small mistake that is easy to fix.

With Blake being right, Roger bumped into Blake. "F*ck, Peter warning! Sh*t!" His frustration made me give a glare to Peter next to me. "I didn't see it, sorry." Bullsh*t. He was watching the whole time, not caring about Blake.

Suddenly, Blake was hit hard. His car spun around, hit the barrier and flipping in the air. He landed upside down. My heart dropped at the sight. "Blake. Blake can you hear me?" The older man yelled into the headset. We got no response. My heartbeat started beating rapidly. What if he got hurt? What if his radio broke? All the most negative thoughts filled my head. "Blake? Are you okay? Blake f*cking answer me!" I yelled into my headset.

"Lilia?" I heard his small voice in my ear. My heart ached at his voice seeming distressed. "Blake are you okay?" Everyone was staring at me, seeing as he was only answering to me. "I'm stuck. F*ck." The older man called the safety team to go get Blake. "Blake stay calm, the safety team is on their way."

"I smell smoke... F*CK THE CAR IS ON FIRE!" My heart broke at his words.