Chapter Thirty-Five

~Blake~
I would count last nights date as a success. Lilia said she doesn't want anyone knowing about us for right now, but the fact we're back to semi-normal is fine with me. She decided to stay in her own hotel, as I respected it.

I woke up to my phone ringing beside me. The caller ID was Lilia and I immediately answered. "Do what do I owe the pleasure of hearing your voice in the morning?" A small giggle rang in my ears on the other line. "It's race day!" "It is. Are you stalking my schedule now?" "I just happen to know that you need to be in the pit by 12 so chop chop!" Her motivation to waking me up made my chest warm.

We never hung up the whole time as I got ready. Hearing her voice was calming to me, even if it was through a phone. "Okay so I'll bring you some lunch later when I get to there." I nodded. "Blake?" "Sh*t sorry. I nodded but sounds good." "It's okay but I'm gonna go pick up the food and meet you there." "Sounds like a plan. Be careful, I love you."

There was a slight pause in between calls. I finally caught up to reality to realize what I said. "Sh*t, I'm sor-." "I love you too."

A smile crept on my face. "I can feel your smile through the screen stop. Go finish getting ready bye." She hung up, leaving me still staring at my phone and smiling like a psychopath.

I finally made it to the pit before 12. I received a text from Lilia. 'Meet me in the podium balcony.' I made my way up there. I opened the door to see Lilia dressed in a blue McLaren shirt and jean shorts. She held a take box with sandwiches inside. "I'm starving so hurry up." I closed the door behind me, making my way to grab lunch with Lilia.

"I don't get why we have to eat here." "I told you I don't want anyone knowing about us." I rolled my eyes. "But we can be together. The contract is already signed and no terms are included." "But we're the only ones who know that." I nodded, understanding her point.

We finished eating, and as she was about to leave, I pulled her into my chest. My hands roamed her curves, taking in the sight in front of me. "Blake." I hummed in response. "You need to be ready for your race." "I am ready." Her hands ran up my chest. "But after what happened yesterday you have me worried." She played with the zipper of my suit. "I'm worried too, but I can't back down. This is my favorite race track. I'm not letting anyone win."

She suddenly stopped playing with my zipper. She looked up, locking eyes with me. "You better not. I better see you go from P3 to P1 or you'll be sleeping on the pull out bed at the next hotel." She escaped my arms, walking to the door. "Does that mean you're finally gonna start sleeping with me again?" "We'll find out after this race." With that, she left me alone in the podium balcony.

Now I was determined to win. Not only for myself, but for Lilia as well. I want to prove I can be the man she wants me to be. I have a challenge in front of me, and I claim to win.

I made sure everything was right with my car as I got into my seat. The workers rolled me out to my P3 place on the grid. For once, I was nervous. I haven't been nervous for a race in Monaco in 2 years. The lights each blinked on, and my heart thumped inside me hard. The lights turned off, and I went full throttle.

I kept steady on my P3 place for the first 10 laps but it wasn't enough. I craved to win, but passing the cars in front of me was difficult. "Blake what the f*ck are you doing, pass them!" Peter yelled into my radio. "Why don't you shut the f*ck up and let me do my sh*t." I pressed down on the petal but it wasn't helping. The faster I went the faster they went. We were thinking the same. "Peter." "What?" "Get Lilia on the radio."