Finale: Chapter Fifty-Six

~Blake~
The first race of the season. The first race with my daughter here and everyone back together. I felt my energy higher than usual when I woke up. I quickly went to check on Elizabeth, seeing her still asleep in her crib.

"What are you doing?" Lilia asked me as she stared at me staring at Elizabeth. "Waiting to see when she'll wake up." "If you want to change her dirty diaper that bad you don't have to stalk her."

Lilia walked over to the dresser we put in Elizabeth's nursery and pulled out her identical race suit to mine. "I'm going to go steam this so it doesn't have any wrinkles." I nodded. She walked out of her nursery while I sat on the rocking chair and watched her peacefully sleeping.

Small cries came from her. I quickly got up from the chair and came to her crib. I wrapped Elizabeth in a white and pink patterned blanket and went back to the chair. I cuddled her close to me while I rock against the chair and hum to her. Her cries went away and turned to staring at me. She lifted her arms and grabbed my cheeks with her tiny hands. "Okay we get it, I got big cheeks." I said as she played with my cheeks. I let it slide because the small smile on her face was definitely worth it.

"Come here princess." Lilia took Elizabeth from my lap and took her to our shared bedroom. "Hey! I wasn't done." I said. "She needs to be changed and dressed. You wanna do that?" Lilia said holding Elizabeth towards me. "Nope never mind. You deal with the diaper." I quickly ran out of the room.

I sat on the couch ready to go get breakfast with Lilia then go to the circuit for the race. I hear heels clicking against the staircase. I look up to see Lilia wearing a blue McLaren shirt with our last name and number on with light blue Jean shorts and white heels while Elizabeth is wearing her identical race suit like mine.

"You both look good." I said as I stood in front of Lilia. "It's her first race so I planned this out for weeks now." She said as she fixed Elizabeth's suit. I took Elizabeth and put her in her car seat so we can go get breakfast then to the circuit.

We brought the food to our private room since we didn't want to eat in the car. Elizabeth was sleeping next to Lilia on the couch while we both ate. "So after this race we start traveling." I mentioned. "Yeah, what about it?" Lilia asked. "Do you want to bring Elizabeth or should we have Lisa stay with her?" Lilia looked down at our daughter sleeping, questioning what to say.

"I don't think it'll be a problem to take her with us." She said as she brushed her fingers against Elizabeth's arm. I nodded, continuing to eat our breakfast.

I change into my race suit, matching Elizabeth with our twin blue McLaren race suits on and Lilia with her matching shirt. I take Elizabeth off the couch and carry her down to the garage pit.

I ran my hand against the glossy paint of my car. Elizabeth tried to touch it as well. I kneeled down for her to touch my car while I held her on my knee. "Shouldn't you be on the grid?" I turned to see Hannah behind me.

"Sh*t you're back!" I said. "Language around the baby." She said. She took Elizabeth from my arms and carried her. "I plan on coming to every race this season." "That's awesome. Me and Lilia could really use the babysitter during the time." I said as I brushed my finger against Elizabeth's cheek. "Why? Because she's too much for you or because you want some 'alone time' with Lilia?" Hannah asked with a slim smirk on her face. "Definitely the second one." I said.

The workers rolled my car out to my P2 grid spot. "So, are you gonna give Tyler this win or you gonna take it?" Hannah asked me. "You should already know the answer to that." I said as I walked to my car, Hannah following me behind.

Lilia came and handed me my helmet. "Hannah it's good to see you again!" She said and hugged her. "Sorry I missed so much time." "It's okay."

I gave Elizabeth a kiss on her cheek then turned to Lilia. I cupped her chin and kissed her quickly. I have Hannah a high five then sat down in my car.