Chapter Thirty-Four

~Lilia~
"Should I be worried?" Blake covered my eyes with a blindfold. Kinky. His hands on my shoulder lead me as I stare at darkness. Suddenly his body presence left from beside me. "Blake?" "You can take your blindfold off now."

I lift my blindfold to see a picnic laid on the grass, giving us a clear view of the sea. "Blake.." I had no words. This was probably the most genuine thing anyone has done for me. "I know it's not much but Lincoln told you how much you like picnics." The thought of him asking around for help is cute to me. I placed a small peck on his cheek

Baby steps, right?

We sat down on the blanket, and Blake pulled out a bowl of strawberries. Hey heart, please don't explode. "Alyssa told me strawberries are you favorite." A blush crept onto his cheeks. Okay, you can explode now. "How many people did you ask about our date?" He looked up into the sky, trying to hide his nervousness. "3, maybe 4." My chest vibrated from me laughing.

I took the bowl of strawberries, taking in the sweet taste of each one hitting my mouth. The sun shines on the sea, displaying the perfect glow. "Can I ask you a question?" Blake nodded. "Why did you do all of this? The date, the spot. Not that I'm complaining though." He chuckled. "I want a second chance Lilia. I wanted to give you the perfect date to show you what we still have." My heart started thumping fast. "Blake we-." He cut me off by putting a strawberry to my mouth. "No more excuses. Just us, here." I would be lying to myself if I say his words didn't effect me.

Because they did. They really did.

We finished our picnic, folding the blanket and taking our things back to Blake's car. "We're done?" He looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you serious? You want to get away from me that fast?" I shook my head rapidly, receiving a loud laugh from him. "I have the entire night planned." He grabs my hand, putting me in the driver seat. "Blake no." He grins, walking to the other side of the car. "You drive fine with my other cars." "There's a difference, I can't drive a stick." "You're so dramatic." I rolled my eyes at him.

Blake grabs my hand and places it on the stick, with his hand staying on mine. "You drive, I'll help." I gave in, starting the car and pressing the petal. I was slowly moving at first, and as much as I hate hot weather, the breeze in the car was nice. Blake's hand led me in everything, while I would steal glances. "Eyes on the road." He caught me, f*ck.

After maybe 20 minutes, I finally got the hang of driving this monster. Well, with Blake handling the stick. He told me to park in a parking garage, and let's just say I didn't do well on that. "How do you hit 2 parked cars?" "I don't know!" We both laughed at the red paint scratches on Blake's white car. "I'm sorry." He turned his attention back to me. "It's fine, no big deal." How does this man no let this kind of thing get to him? I basically just ruined his car and he says, "no big deal."  What the f*ck.

He wrapped a arm around me, taking me on a small walk through Monaco. "It's a pretty sight." He hummed in response. "Monaco was probably my favorite place to be." "Was?" He faced me, nodding his head. "What's your new favorite place to be." A small smirk appeared on his lips while he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. He leaned into me, his breaths brushing against the back of my neck as he whispers inside my ear.

"Inside you."

Hello, god? Yes hi um this was not part of our plan.

I pushed my hand into his chest, putting some distance between us. "Perv." A loud laugh escaped his mouth. He grabbed my hand, pulling me back into him. "I have something to show you." The look on his face was not reassuring me.

We walked up to a group of people surrounded in a circle. "What's all of this?" Blake didn't say anything. He pushed me towards the front, giving me a clear view. I watched as a little girl and boy danced around. The scene was beautiful and would definitely be permanently put in my mind.

They emotion around both the kids dancing was screaming high energy and love. They danced around each other, following each movement the other person made. Blake placed his chin on my shoulder, placing a small kiss on my neck. "What if we did that?" I turned to him. "But dance isn't a speciality of yours." He backed away and placed a hand over his heart, acting hurt. "I'll have you know Hannah used to drag me to her dance practices. Literally. Dragged. Me." I laugh to myself as I imagine a small Blake being dragged by a small Hannah.

We walked around Monaco while night settled in. Even though this wasn't a big fancy dinner date or to the movies type, I probably would put this over any date I've ever had.

We walked into a unusual place. Graffiti filled the stone walls and pillars, not in a bad way though. "What are we doing here?" "Doing our own dance." I chuckled at him but he didn't join me. "Oh you're serious." He nodded. Now I'm curious. What does Blake Fox hide under that fit body of his?

He put on 'Wow' by Zara Larsson. Okay already impressed by his choice of music. He brushed a finger my chin while spinning behind me. "Follow my lead." He whispered into my ear. Okay, my heart is definitely not ready for this.

He spun me around. His hand brushed down the side of my face, and with his lead, I dropped my head. He bounced his hand under my forearm, making me lift higher after each bounce. He grabbed my hand and wrapped it around his neck, taking his other hand to my chin and lifting my face.

The same hand from my chin went to the back of my waist, holding me steady as he dipped me. The movement made me crack a small laugh. He lifted me and slid me down slowly. Our eyes never broke contact, not like I wanted them too.

Both his hands grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss. My body felt fireworks go off. He pulled me closer into him, making us one.

But then reality hit me. We aren't one.

I pushed Blake back. "We can't." As I tried to push him back, his arm around my waist was stronger. "Lilia stop." I don't know why but my body obeyed him. I stood there, still. "We can. No one and nothing is stopping us except you." He took a deep breath. "I know you know about the contract." My head shot up. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing left.

"I would rather be with you and never race again than race and not have you by my side." He placed his hand against my cheek. "But you don't realize how wrong this is. I can't let you do that to yourself. You love racing." His thumb stroked my cheek. "I do. But I love you a lot more."

"I had the terms removed and I'm still racing love. I already signed and the next 3 years we can do this together. I want to do everything with you. Traveling, getting married, a child-." I cut him off. "Hold up. You're going too fast. A child?" He nodded with a smile on his face. "If you put a child in me I hope you know you're not going to see the end of me torturing you." He leaned down to whisper into my ear. "That seems more like pleasure than punishment." I smack his shoulder while we both laughed.

"I'm serious though, about it all. I love you Lilia. I don't know how I would handle myself if I wore a McLaren suit again and on the track just to see you're not there." He moved closer to me, leaving no more space. "But I don't have to think about that anymore. Because guess what." He took a small piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.

"You're greater than any trophy."

That was my end point. My heart was on the verge of tears and so was I. I pulled Blake into a hard kiss. This wasn't one of our normal kisses. This kiss said everything we couldn't say. How much we've missed each other, how much of a stupid idiot I am for leaving him. But most importantly, how much I love him.

And I really do love him.

I pulled away. "Wait. What about Peter and Claire. Aren't they the reason for the whole mess to begin with?" Blake rolled his eyes. "Yes but I'll have that taken care of after the Monaco race tomorrow." "I want to be there." Blake looked at me surprised. I put on my serious face and stood there. He finally gave in. "Fine, but only because I want to see what plans you have in that beautiful mind of yours."

Just you wait and see.