94. 1977

this is what out loverboy looks like in this chapter for all my social network lovers 

december 25, 1977

Christmas came and left as fast as the storm that snowed the six teenagers in the Potter household. 

Through no surprise to anyone Euphemia and Fleamont opened their home to all of James' friends for the holidays. 

So while James, Sirius, Remus and Selene stayed in the house, Peter and Lily graciously accepted an invitation to have Christmas Eve dinner with their friends, but of course the snow storm that night prolonged both their stays. 

The snow blanketed on the ground for the hours they cooked, ate and sat around the fire until it piled over half the height of the doorways, making it impossible for them to leave. 

Of course they could've used a gouging charm on the snow or the floo, or apparation, or any other combination of spells, but no one was really in a hurry to get home, so they sent their owls off to inform their families of their absence.

When Selene and Remus awoke the next morning the world outside their window was still blanketed in snow. The sun shone brightly, reflecting off the icy snow and back into the blue sky. 

The group gathered in the living room where a fresh evergreen tree was propped up, neatly decorated with elegant gold and deep red ornaments, underneath were gifts for each and every kid, even the ones that weren't expected on Christmas day, coincidentally.

In addition to the personal gifts, everyone was given a jumper with their first initial on it, a Euphemia Potter tradition.

————————————

december 31, 1977

Today of course, was New Years Eve. The last day of 1977. Selene had spent the whole morning thinking about her life over the past year. 

A year ago Selene was confined to her room, trying to make peace with her family after the dreadful events of the ball. 

It's crazy how much can happen in a year. 

The Potters, as per tradition, were holding their annual New Years Eve party for all their friends and extended family to come to. Lily and Peter, who left the Potter's Christmas night, were returning with their families. 

Well, Peter was bringing his family. Euphemia had extended the invitation to the Evans' family also, but they took the invite very harshly. 

december 14, 1977

"Post's here" Sirius mumbled through mouths of bacon as owls swarmed overhead in the Great Hall. A chocolate colored owl with white spots swooped down and dropped a letter in front of James, right on top of his cereal.