63. eye for an eye

july 14, 1977

Romilda watched the four Gryffindors and Selene disappear off the beach leaving her in the only the silence of the crashing waves. She tried to shake herself out of the rope she was tied in but it didn't budge.

She huffed in anger and looked around to the four men lying motionless in the sand. She ran through her options,

Eventually Avery and Mulciber would wake up, but Dolohov and Rookwood were body bound and couldn't move, but Avery and Mulciber were out cold and there was no telling how long until they woke up.

She could also wait for someone to find them. Eventually after a couple hours when they didn't return, somebody might think to check how they were doing, but that was another variable she didn't have the answer to, someone might not come for them for days.

But she remember something else. 

She had her dagger tucked away in her cloak. She could use that to cut her out of her restraints. Finally, something went her way. She twisted her torso back and forth until the dagger fell out of the cloak onto the sand with a silenced thud. She shifted her body around so the blade was behind her. 

She felt around with the limited mobility of her hands until her touch met that of the rose quartz. She carefully cut her binds until she had severed the last strand of the rope. She exhaled and brought her hands back in front in her, glad to be able to move them freely again. 

As relived as she was, now she had to face her brother, Theodore and the Rowle family, empty handed. She and assured them she could get Selene. She told them with confidence that Selene would be so surprised to see her that she could use the element of surprise to catch her off guard and kill her, but she was wrong, and now she had to face them.

She stared down at the dagger in her hand and ran her finger over the engraving of her name, tracing the letters absentmindedly

Maybe she couldn't kill Selene, but Selene could kill her, at least everyone would think she did. It was about time before this wild goose chase took a life

It was the perfect plan. Romilda thought to herself as she mentally planned everything. Theodore would find my dead body and be so overcome by grief that he could kill Selene with his bare hands. And then once she was dead he would realize he had always loved me, not her. 

Theodore loves Romilda. Those three words echoed in her head. As much as she would've liked to be with Theodore in this life, he was clearly too brainwashed with the idea of Selene to recognize that she was right there waiting for him. 

But that was okay. If she went through with this Selene would die and Theodore would realize what a stubborn bitch she was, and would begin to mourn Romilda instead, never taking another love. 

It was the perfect plan. she repeated in her mind as she took a second to take in her surroundings before brining the blade to her throat and closing her eyes. 

——————————

"I didn't kill her Evan, I swear to you" Selene choked, back in the hotel as he held the dagger closer to her throat. 

"What then, was it one of your boyfriends?" he spat

"Evan she killed herself" Selene sighed as the puzzle pieces fell into place

"Excuse me!" Evan roared, pushing the knife into Selene throat, breaking the skin.

"Evan, I'm sorry just listen" she cried out in pain as blood spilled onto her chest

"NO!" He took her shoulders and threw her to the floor, "How dare you!" he yelled walked towards her angrily. 

She scrambled backwards trying to get away from him, and ended up in her and Remus room backing up towards the bed. 

"She was in love with Nott!" Selene yelled as her back hit the bed. Evan stopped his angry walking

"She was in love with Theodore and thought that once I was dead, he would love her. She told me that herself"

"You're lying, why would she kill herself if she wanted to be with him?"

"Because she tried and failed. So she thought if she killed herself and made it look like my fault, you would want to kill me." she breathed heavily

"I promise you I didn't kill her" Selene repeated, Evans face relaxed only for a moment,  

"I don't care what bullshit you say, she's still dead and you will be too-" he was cut off by Remus yelling, 

"Defodio!" The ground below Evan crumbled as he fell through the floor into the room below. Selene stared up where Remus was pointing his wand at where the Rosier boy just stood. 

Behind him there was a similar hole in the ground and two unconscious death eater, one fallen face down, the other bleeding onto his mask. 

She let out a shaky breath as she peered into the hole to where Evan lay unconscious on the level below. 

 Remus ran over to Selene who collapsed in his arm immediately. She leaned into his chest as he stroked her hair,

"I've got you, you're okay now, you're safe" he whispered as she held onto him tightly, crying silently.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" she whispered

"Don't apologize" he said sadly, holding her tighter, "Don't ever apologize"

——————————

950 words

short chapter but I wanted to give you guys an update

i'm sorry i didn't update this weekend I didn't have my computer

i hope you all had a great easter yesterday <3

vote and comment!