27. the deal

January 6, 1977

Selene tensed at the sight of the boy walking towards her bed. She didn't care that she was wearing a sports bra when James and Peter were in the room. They didn't look at her like that, she had no reason to feel unsafe or uncomfortable around them. 

But now she felt exposed under his gaze as he glanced at her chest rather than the blood spilled over her stomach and the white sheet. He didn't need to ask what happened, he had a pretty good guess. Instead he looked down on her, 

"When are you going to be out of here?"

"I, uh, I'm not sure" she stammered. He sighed in annoyance, "I'll meet up with you once I get out" she assured him. 

"Alright" he remarked sourly, he walked away, but before he left turned to Remus and raised an eyebrow, "Rough night Lupin?"

"Fuck off Nott" Remus spat back. Theodre just smirked and left. Once the door slammed shut, Madame Pomfrey appeared from her office with a small brown bottle. She muttered something under her breath as she walked over to Selene's bed. 

"Okay dear, I'm sorry this is going to sting"

"Uh oh, you didn't say a little" Selene mused, trying to stay lighthearted 

"I know" she said sadly

"Let's just get this over with then" she huffed. Madame Pomfrey opened the bottle and took out a dropper and hovered over Selene's cut for a moment, 

"I'm sorry" she whispered before dropping the dittany over her wound. 

Selene threw her head back as she was overcome by an unbearable stinging sensation. She felt like millions of needles were being pressed against her open wound. She gripped the sheets of the bed in agony, her knuckles turning white. Her back arched up and she gritted her teeth, trying not to scream. It felt like hours until the pain subsided into something more manageable.

Remus watched her cry out on pain as her wound healed. Tears fell out of his eyes as she screamed. Her breathing was heavy, she released her grip of the sheets, and let her back fall to the mattress again. 

"Fucking hell" she breathed out with her eyes closed. "That hurt" She looked down at her stomach which was healing itself rapidly.

"I know I'm so sorry. I'll leave you to rest." She walked over to Remus' bed, to where he was sitting upright, looking concerned over at Selene.

"She'll be okay Remus" Madame Pomfrey whispered. Remus nodded and wiped a tear away from his cheek. 

"I know" he choked out.

"I healed your broken ribs, but there is still some bruising. I healed your cuts as well, so with some bruising potion you should be out of here by tomorrow" she explained to him. 

"Thank you" he responded,

"Of course dear, now I'll leave you two alone" and she retreated to her office once more. Selene swung her legs off his bed and slowly walked over to Remus' bed still feeling the after affects of the pain. He scooted over and she sat down next to him. 

They didn't exactly fit on the cot so Selene cuddled into Remus' side resting her head on his chest, 

"I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of this" Remus sighed.

"Remus it's not your fault, stop apologizing"

"No, it's Sirius' fault" he spat

"Go easy on him Remus, I know what he did was terrible but give him a break" Selene said softly

evergreen • remus lupinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें