80. hogsmeade

additional fancast:

logan browning as dorcas meadowes 

——————————————————

october 23, 1977

Sirius didn't regain consciousness for another day or so, and was discharged a little under a week later. Unsurprising to anyone he was in high spirits, proudly soaking up the attention from various girls. 

Selene, Remus, James and Peter served their detention and visited Sirius everyday until Pomfrey agreed to discharge him, under strict orders however that he wasn't to practice Quidditch.

He didn't listen.

Which meant Remus and/or Selene had to go to every practice and watch him, to make sure he didn't kill himself.

But today wasn't Quidditch or even classes, it was the long awaited Hogsmeade day, that James Potter had been counting down to since Lily Evans agreed to go on a date with him. 

James' scrambled to get ready and make his hair look messy but too messy, the usual style, while Selene and Remus met up with Sirius and Mary, outside in the Quad, on account that they were going together. 

"Do you think Potter will show?" Mary asked

"Do you think Evans will show?" Sirius countered with a smirk

"They'll both show, it's just a question if James' doesn't die from excessive vomiting first." Marlene asked walking towards them, holding hands with Dorcas Meadowes. 

"Oi!" an irritated voice called behind the two girls. All six turned to see James and Lily walking awkwardly towards them, with an even awkwarder space between them.

"It's like when second years go on dates" Remus whispered to Selene stifling a laugh, 

"Don't be rude" she hit his chest, compressing a smirk that threatened to turn to a laugh. 

"Shall we go" Sirius grinned linking arms with Mary, 

"We shall" she smiled back. The two led the way, breaking into conversation about Quidditch with Marlene while Selene and Remus trailed behind slightly, talking to Dorcas about Astronomy.

James and Lily stood a couple paces behind the rest of their friends, walking in a heavy silence.

James cleared his throat, "Y-You look very nice" He said softly glancing at her jumper and cursing himself mentally for stuttering. Lily smiled softly at the boy's nervous demeanor, 

"You do too" she smiled at him, shifting slightly to her left so her hand brushed against James'. He took the sign and wrapped his hand around hers, gently interlocking their fingers,