73. seats

september 19, 1977

Being in Slytherin definitely had it's downfalls. 

There was nothing wrong with the Slytherin House itself, just that it inhabited most of the people that Selene hated most and vice versa. 

Not that the Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and Gryffindors didn't hate her, but wether they knew or didn't know about Selene's love life and criminal record, she still had classes with the Slytherins, everyday. 

And there were only so many classes Remus and the Marauders could run to her aid, two to be precise. Transfiguration and Potions. Which meant that Monday's were the only day she didn't have a class with the Marauders.

And today was Monday. 

Today she had to drag through History of Magic and Charms before she could see Remus at lunch and then drag through Herbology and Divination afterwards, which sucked because she only took Divination for Sadie, with whom she wasn't speaking to anymore.

Her only saving grace left was Regulus. 

Without him she would be completely alone in her classes. With Regulus by her side, there were no rude comments or nasty remarks or 'accidental' shoulder bumps, because Regulus Black was just that, a Black. 

Any member of the Noble House of Black was automatically put on a pedestal above the rest of the wizarding world, wether they embraced their power or not.

Even Sirius who was disowned was still a Black, and that counted for something. But Regulus was definitely embracing it at this moment. When he walked with Selene through the halls, it was all eyes on them. 

There were no whispers, no dirty looks, just blank stares. Regulus knew he would face hell for it from his parents, but Selene was far more important to him, and anyway, with Sirius gone, he was the only Black heir left, so in a sense he was untouchable. 

Of course Regulus wasn't taking Divination or Advanced Arithmancy, so she had to survive those on her own, but two classes alone are much more manageable than eight classes alone.

So as she and Regulus walked out of Herbology under heavy stare of all their fellow Slytherins and Hufflepuffs, Selene rolled her eyes 

"I mean it's been two weeks of classes, are they really not used to it?" she turned to Regulus, who laughed

"They're thickheads" he replied simply

"Tell me about it"

"Will you be okay for Divination?" he asked

"Reg you ask me this every day, I'm fine."

"I'm just making sure"

"I'll see you tomorrow during Defense" she smiled before they parted ways down different hallways. 

Selene climbed up the ladder into the humid classroom, to find about a third of class already there. Instead of being at their seats however, everyone was standing in a clump in the front of the room, 

"Everybody stand in the front, we are getting new seat assignments" Professor Ruddlebitt repeated as more and more students filed into the classroom. 

Once all the seventh years filed into the classroom, Professor Ruddlebitt pulled out a scroll of parchment and started pairing people off. 

"Davies and Montague"

"Lovegood and Warrington"

"You will have to mix between houses, I don't want to hear it" the Professor rolled her eyes as various students groaned at the new partnerships