70. king's cross

june 11, 1978

It was sunny.

Typical weather for mid June. The fresh grass was green and the gentle winds whipped the white clouds through the blue skies.

But it could've been snowing for all he cared.

He held a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Got them fresh from the market that morning just like he did every week.

He had learned where to walk by now.

There was no one else there. No life there at all. Expect him. But he might as well not be. Alive, that was. His mind was empty. No thoughts, no feelings no nothing. Just a ghost walking, with nothing inside

He replaced the fresh flowers in his hand with wilting ones. He sat on the grass, a few feet away from it, as if getting to close would change anything. He could still read it, unlike some of the others that had been there for years, untouched, it was new, painfully new.

"I'm sorry" he whispered as a tear fell into the grass. He wasn't sad though, just vacant.

Because there in front of Remus, engraved in the stone read:

In loving memory of

Selene Vivian Rowle

1961 - 1978

——————————

Moody offered to escort the five teenagers to King's Cross alongside the Potter parents.

A muggle car seemed like a good idea until eight adults and their driver were all squished into the car meant for five people.

Remus didn't really mind that Selene was sitting on his lap, what was odd was that Euphemia was right next to them. They sat in an uncomfortable silence (literally) until Euphemia spoke up.

"So Hope and Lyall will meet us there?" she asked Remus, even though everyone heard.

"Yep" he nodded. Selene's head snapped towards him,

"What?!" she practically shrieked "Your parents are coming and you didn't think to tell me?!"

"Well I just hadn't seen them the whole summer... and I-I wanted to see them before I left- I do see what I did wrong now"

"You think?!" Selene panicked

"You don't need to freak out they're very nice people!"

"It's still your parents"

"They'll love you Selene. They love me and look where I came from" Sirius peaked his head over to give input into the not-so private conversation.

"Well you aren't making out with Remus" Selene whispered yelled at him

"King's Cross Station" the driver said in a monotone voice as he pulled up to the entrance of the station.

The nine people happily piled out of the car and grabbed their trunks that had been discretely shrunk by Moody so they would fit.

Remus took Selene's hand in his as they walked through the train station,

"It will be fine, they'll love you"

"I hope so" she whispered. They weaved through the crowds on the Platforms until they reached Platfrom 9 where two tall adults stood under the Platform sign.

The woman took notice of the group first, and ran to her son, who embraced her with open arms.

"Oh my boy, it's been long, too long, how have you grown more" she laughed with tears brimming her eyes.