Chapter 62

Shiranda's POV

   "So, how did you and Ms. Stevens come to love each other?"  Shayla says.  We're in her room, on the floor, having a sleepover.

"We've come a long way, I'll tell ya that.  Even though we've had arguments sometimes, she was always there for me.  I've told her things that I don't usually speak about.  And there's been a lot of kisses between us.  I'm just now realizing that most of them were initiated by her.  But most of all, she saved me from Kiera.  Well, her and Deena, but that made me love her even more."

"Honestly, y'all are so cute together.  I ship it."  "Sooooooo, how did you and Deena come to be?"

"Well, you know I absolutely adore Deena.  She seemed stressed about Terry, so I comforted her and spent more time with her.  It surprised me that she came to me and admitted her feelings for me."

"Regardless of how I feel about you talking about my sister in the ways you do, I actually think you two are very adorable together, and I hope you two work out."

"Thanks, sis."  "Of course."  We hug.

.....

I drove to Ms. Stevens' house after school today as planned, and now we're just chilling on her couch, cuddling.

"Shiranda, I've been thinking about it, and I want you to move in with me."

"Wait, what?"  I say, smiling at her.  "I want you to live with me.  What do you think?"

"Yes, yes, yes!  Of course I'll move in with you!"  I grab her face in my hands and kiss her, her putting her hand on the small of my back.

.....

Ms. Stevens' POV

I'm so happy Shiranda agreed to move in with me yesterday.  I know it might've seemed out of the blue to ask her that, but I've actually been wanting her to move in with me for awhile.

It's not that I don't trust her under Deena's supervision, Deena is an amazing guardian.  It's just that.....Shiranda has been through a lot, and I worry about her so much.  I feel like it's better if she lives with me.

.....

Shiranda's POV

I'm packing up my stuff, when Deena stops in front of my doorway.  "What are you packing for?"

"I'm going to live with Aurora."  "Wait......what?"  She folds her arms.

"Yeah.  She asked me to live with her.  I love her, so I'm gonna go."  "And you just weren't gonna say anything?  You were just gonna go?"

"I was gonna say something.  I just wanted to be packed up first.  Deena, I appreciate everything you did for me.  You're the best guardian/sister anyone could ask for, but now it's time for me to move on with the woman I love."

Deena's POV

I'm really shocked to hear this.....and.....I'm actually really sad.  I'm just so used to taking care of her.  I have ever since Ma died.

I'm kinda hurt.

Shiranda's POV

"So when are you leaving?"  "Tonight.  Aurora's coming to take some of my stuff, and then I'll drive my car over to her house with the rest of my stuff."

She sighs.  "I can't tell you what to do or what not to do.  You're eighteen.  You're an adult, and,"  Her voice changes, sounding like she's trying not to cry.  "I can't tell you not to go."

She walks away.  Damn.  I feel bad now.  I didn't mean to make her upset.  I definitely should've told her first.

.....

Someone honks their horn outside of the house.  I walk out of the house, carrying a black duffle bag, walking over to Ms. Stevens' car.

She gets out of the car and walks up to me.  "Hey, Baby."  She says.  "Hey, Lovely."  We hug and peck each other's lips.

I put my bag in her car.  She helps me get all my stuff out of the house.  Once we've got everything, we drive our cars over to her house.

.....

Everything's unpacked now, and I actually can't believe I moved in with her.

We're chilling in our bedroom.....  The fact that I can even say that is amazing.

We're laying in bed, her hand on my cheek.  "Did you tell Deena?"  "Yeah, I did."

"How'd she'd take it?"  I sigh.  "She didn't take it well.  It sounded like she was about to cry, and I feel so bad.  Should I have even left in the first place?"

"It's what your heart desired.  You should always follow your heart.  I know you didn't want to hurt Deena, but at the end of the day, you have to live your life, and now your life is with me."

I deeply look into her eyes, searching them.  "I love you, Aurora."  "I love you, too."  I kiss her, and she rolls on top of me.