Chapter 61

Shiranda's POV

   It's the day after Ms. Stevens and Deena saved me.  I'm sitting on the couch with Ms. Stevens at her house.

Kiera was arrested last night on the spot.  I hope I never have to see her again.

"How did y'all find me?"  "The authorities weren't gonna do anything, so I got in touch with my friend that works for the FBI, and he tracked your phone."

"Wow.  And I didn't know you could do martial arts."  "I took martial arts lessons for years when I was younger.  Did she hurt you?"

"She just slapped me, yanked my hair, and starved me.  She was planning on defiling me and making me her sex slave."

She pulls me close for a hug, me hugging back.  "I was so worried about you.  I cried.  I couldn't stand the thought of losing you."

I can tell she's crying.  I hear it in her voice.  "I'm here now, and I'm glad you saved me.  I missed you so much.  I didn't know if I'd ever see you again."

She pulls away and initiates a kiss, the taste of her salty tears on my tongue.

"I love you, Shiranda.  So much."  "I love you, too, Aurora."  "You should eat.  Have you had anything to eat yet?"

"No.  I got used to not eating."  "Be right back."  She leaves, coming back with a sandwich and giving it to me.

"I don't want it."  "Eat it, Shiranda."

I take a bite.  Eventually, I start feeling nauseous.  I run to the bathroom, dropping the sandwich onto the couch.

I hover over her toilet, waiting to vomit, but nothing comes out.

.....

"Shiranda!"  Shayla says and runs up to me, running through the hall.  She makes impact with me as she hugs me tight.

I smile, hugging her back.  "I'm back, baby."  "I thought I lost my bestie forever.  I wanted to come find you, but Ms. Stevens wouldn't let me.  She said something like that isn't for someone my age."

We disband the hug.  "Trust me, it wasn't.  I was stripped nude, starved, and tied up.  Needless to say, the abuse is real."

"Oh my gosh, that's insane.  Who did it?"  "Kiera."  I answer, rolling my eyes.

"I'M GONNA BEAT THAT BITCH'S ASS!!!"  She starts to stomp off, but I grab her arm and bring her back to face me.

"You won't find her here.  She got arrested.  That bitch is prooobably going to prison."

"Serves her crazy ass fucking right."

.....

Shayla and I are at my house now.  Deena comes into the living room where we are and sits down.

Deena kisses Shayla. 

Wait a minute......DEENA KISSES SHAYLA?

What the HELL is going on here?

"I'm sorry, what?"  I say, my mouth open in shock.

Shayla giggles.  "Deena and Terry are no more.  She's mine now."

Deena plants multiple little pecks to her lips.  "That's right."  Deena says.

"Wha.......Since when?"  "Weeeeelllll, ever since the road trip, we've gotten a bit closer.  And by "a bit", I mean a hell of a lot."  Shayla says.

"You've been together that long and failed to tell me this?"  "Oh, come on, Shiranda.  It's not like we're the only ones with a secret love affair."  Deena says.

"What is she talking about?"  Shayla says, looking curious as her brow is raised.

"Shiranda and Aurora love each other.  They've said it to each other."

"OMG, FINALLY?!"  "Yuuuuuup."  Deena says, nodding her head.  I blush.

"Well, we clearly have a lot to unpack here."  I say.