Chapter 37

Shiranda's POV

   I see Deena and Ms. Stevens boarding up the living room window as I'm pulling up to the house.

What the......

I turn off my car and walk up to them, carrying my bag.  "What the hell happened here?"  "Somebody's crusty, musty, dusty, broke, bobblehead, 2 dollar, rock bottom ass son or daughter, or fucking them ass, shit, I don't know the gender, fucking tried to break into this bitch.  Their dumb ass threw a damn brick through the window."  Deena replies.

Welp, if I didn't know any better, I'd say she's pretty pissed.  I would be, too.

"I'm gone for one weekend, and shit goin' down.  That's pretty scary, though.  Not gon' lie."

"You know your sister has a gun?"  Ms. Stevens says, looking at me with a brow raised.

"She does?"  I say, sounding surprised, copying the same expression.  "Yep,"  Deena says to me.  "And I would've bust a cap in yo ass if I didn't look through the peephole."  She says to Ms. Stevens.

I slightly chuckle.  "Damn, you were gonna shoot me?"  Ms. Stevens says with a smile.

"Dead.  You were gonna be deader than four-year-old meat."

I'm just really shocked she has a gun.  She doesn't seem like the type of person to have one because she's super nice.  But then you remember: Deena is hood as fuck.

"Where do you keep the gun?  I've never seen it."  I question.  "In my nightstand, if you ever need it.  You know I taught you how to shoot one."

"Well, I'ma go inside."  I go in the house and to my room.

.....

Ms. Stevens' POV

I've been thinking about this whole situation ever since it happened.  It's been having me real paranoid, and I can't help but think that her safety is in danger.

I've got to do something.  I have a proposal.

"Yo, Deena."  "Yeah, Aurora?"  "I've been thinking about this attempted robbery, and I'm feeling uneasy.  I'm worried about Shiranda's- y'all's safety, and y'all are invited to stay with me.  Just until it feels a little bit safer."

"I'm good, I got protection, but I'm ok with Shiranda going.  She just has to be ok with it, though."

I smile.  "Ok, great."  It really would make me feel a lot better if Shiranda stayed with me.

I go to Shiranda's door and knock on it.  "Come in."  I walk through and close the door.

I sit on the bed.  "Yes, Aurora?"  "So, I was thinking, aaaaaannnd it's not safe for you here right now,"  I really didn't think out how I was going to propose this.  "And, y'know, I care about your safety-"

"Ma'am, can you please stop rambling and spit it out?"  "Um, well, I was wondering if you'd stay with me, at least until things blow over a little.  Maybe, like, a week."

"Stay with you?"  "Uh, yeah."  She tosses her head side to side, looking as if she's contemplating something.

"Alright.  Am I leaving today?"  "I mean, if you'd like."  "Kk.  Well, I'll get packed and we can go."

Oh, she meant now.  Well, ok then....

I leave her to it, going into the living room and sitting on the couch.

When she enters the living room, she has her stuff with her.  "Deenaaaa, I'm leaving to go to Ms. Stevens' place!"  She calls out.  "Ok!"

And with that, we leave and get into my car.