Chapter 2

"So, you mean to tell me, you told your teacher that she has nice lips?"  My best friend Shayla says.

"I.....may or may not have."  "Shiranda, you're an idiot."  I sigh.  "I know.  I just.....I got caught staring at them, and you KNOW I'm awkward as fuck.  It just slipped out."

"And I bet she looked absolutely horrified."  My hand goes to the back of my neck.  "That she did."

"Shiranda, you need to get a grip.  I mean, I'm lesbian, too, but I'd have more sense to not crush on my teacher the way you do."

"Ok, but have you seen Ms. Stevens?"  "Yes........  Ok, I see your point, but still, she could never go for you while you're her student."

"Tell me something I don't know."  I roll my eyes.  "Don't you need to focus more on her class than her anyway?"

"I have a C.  It's fine."  "Shiranda, seriously, you need to get your grade up."

"It's a fucking C.  You act like it's a fucking F."  "But if you keep getting low grades on stuff, it's gonna become an F."

"Well it's not like my super hot teacher is absolutely distracting and the class is boring as fuck.  Speaking of which, I have to stay for tutoring tomorrow with her."

"Don't say anything stupid."  "I'll try not to, but no promises."

.....

"So, Shiranda, what did you think of today's lesson?"  Ms. Stevens asks me, sitting in the desk next to me.

"Boring.  Very, very, boring."  And I was paying attention to you too much to focus on it.

"I was thinking that I could create interactive lessons for you, and make them more fun."  "Mhm."

Her brow raises.  "Are you not interested in getting better in my class?"

"It's not really that.  It's just that I don't really have interest in Econ.  Plus, I'd rather just think about women all day."

"Women?"  She says, sounding like her curiosity has piqued.  "Yeah.  I'm gay."  Hella gay.

"I never would've guessed...."  She says in a way I can't really decipher.  It's like she's been wondering about it, but she could just also be really surprised.

She can't be gay.  Her gaydar's way off.

"How long have you been gay?"  I turn my head to look at her, surprised in her curiosity.

"Since I was 16.  I've always liked females, though.  Since first grade, actually.  Especially older women.  I've had so many crushes on female teachers."

"It's nice to know that there's a fellow LGBT+ person in this class."  My eyes go big before going back to normal.

Which letter is she?  Is she the letters I hope she is?  There's so many, she could be any of them.

Are we going into territory we're not supposed to?

"I feel the same way."  "Anyway, let's get back to Econ."

.....

I'm currently doing my Econ homework that's due tomorrow, and it makes me think about Ms. Stevens.

It's nice to think that we had a moment today.  We talked like acquaintances instead of teacher and student.  Will we get any more moments like that?

But I also can't get the curiosity out of my head.  She said she's LGBT+, and that alone has me over the moon, but what letter is she?

If it's A, I'm gonna cry.

I go back to doing my homework, hoping that one day, I'll get the answer I'm looking for.