Chapter 18

Ms. Stevens' POV

   I've been so fucked up ever since Shiranda told me I kissed her.  I kissed my fucking student.

And the worst part is, I didn't even remember it.  That must've made her feel like trash, especially enough to avoid me.

I've been keeping a pretty good distance from her and keeping conversation to a minimum, and that's only because of this crazy thought I keep having.

What if we kiss again when I'm sober, just to see if I'd like it......

Shut the fuck up, brain.  This is so fucked.  I keep telling my brain to shut up, but it won't listen to me.  I've never heard a more fucked up suggestion than that.

.....

Shiranda's POV

We're now on vacation from school for a week.  I literally just got home from school.  I plan on staying locked up in my room.  At least I won't have to see Ms. Stevens.

I honestly don't wanna see her.  She's been standoffish with me since I told her the truth.  I get that I've done the same to her, but about something like that?  Something that's really fucking with my feelings.  Something that I didn't initiate.  It kind of hurts that she's avoiding me because of it.

I throw my bag down and flop down on my bed in starfish position, letting out a huge sigh of relief.

Deena knocks on my door, doing her special knock.  "Deena, not right now please."

"But you gotta start packing for vacatiiiiooooooon."  She sings "vacation" excitedly.

Goddammit.

I let out a breath and get up, opening the door for her.  "Guess who booked a beach house."  She says, shaking her maracas.

"Who's all going?"  Translation: Will Ms. Stevens be there?  "Me, you, Shayla's invited, Terry can't be there because she's spending time with family, and I invited Aurora, but I'm not sure if she's going yet."

"No."  I don't want to go anywhere where there's even the slightest chance I could see Ms. Stevens.

I have half the nerve to shut the door in her face, but I'm not rude like that.

"OMG, Shiranda, you're going.  Why do you always pass up the fun opportunities?"

"Why do the fun opportunities always involve my Econ teacher?"  She rolls her eyes.  "Girl, get packed.  We leave at three."

She walks away, and I roll my eyes.  Leave it to Deena to force me to do some shit I don't wanna do.

I call up Shayla.  "Yo, beach house.  You comin' or no?"  "Hell yeah, I'm comin'!  We gettin' a break, babyyyyyy."

I giggle.  "And I have good news for you.  Terry's not going, so you can have Deena all to yourself."

"Oh hell yeah!  If I wasn't going before, I definitely am now!"  I bust out laughing.  She's so whipped, and it's actually kinda cute.

"Get to packin'.  We leave at three.  Deena's words, not mine."  "I call shotgun.  I'm definitely riding in the front seat with Deena."

"LMAO, no problem."

.....

Just my luck, Ms. Stevens couldn't pass on a free trip to a beach house.  All four of us are in the car, Shayla sitting in the front seat with Deena as promised, me sitting behind Deena and her on the other side, again.

I'm looking through the window, my chin resting in my hand.  I plan on staying silent this whole road trip.

"Oooooo, we should play I Spy."  Shayla says.  "Oooooo, yaaassss."  Deena happily agrees.

Adoring Ms. Stevensजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें