Chapter 44

Shiranda's POV

   I'm not staying with Ms. Stevens anymore now, and I've got to say, I'm kinda......sad.

Her, Deena, and I are in Deena's car right now, driving to Deena's dad's mansion.  She invited Ms. Stevens to come along, and if this was awhile ago, I would've hated the idea of her coming with us.

After thirty more minutes of driving, we pull up to the opulent structure.  "Wow, this place is amazing."  Ms. Stevens says.

"Yeah.  Dad has money out the ass."  Deena responds.  We get out of the car and walk up to the giant door.  The shit is probably taller than Bigfoot.

Deena rings the doorbell.  Five minutes later, the door swings open, revealing the handsome middle-aged man that is Deena's Dad.

"Shiranda!  Deenie Beanie!  So good to see you again."  He hugs me first before hugging Deena as Ms. Stevens chuckles.

"Daaaaaaad, not the Deenie Beanie.  It's embarrassing."  Deena says, sounding like a 12-year-old getting embarrassed in front of their friends.

"Oh, and who is this?"  He says, politely smiling at Ms. Stevens.  "I'm Aurora, Deena's best friend.  Nice to meet you, sir."  She says, holding her hand out to him.

"I'm Damien.  Nice to meet you,"  He replies as they shake hands.  "Firm grip.  I like it."

"Only the best grip for you, sir."  Ms. Stevens smiles.  He invites us in, and we walk into the massive living room, sitting on one of the couches.

"How are you, Mr. Damien?"  I say.  "Girl, you know you can call me Dad."  I know he's told me that thousands of times, but he's not my actual dad, so I don't do it.  No offense to him, but it wouldn't be technically correct.

"Sorry."  "But to answer your question, I'm doing great.  Business is booming.  I'm even better now that my two favorite girls in the world are here.  Be right back."

He disappears into the huge, elegant kitchen before coming back with a container of juice and some glasses.

He pours the four of us some juice, me happily beginning to sip on it. 

"By the way, is Aurora your girlfriend, Shiranda?"

Juice immediately shoots from my nose.  I cough hysterically, hugely taken aback by the random question.

"OMG, no, Dad.  She's her teacher."  Ms. Stevens is quick to pat me on my back.

"Well this is awkward."  He says, slightly joking, probably to lighten the mood.

Once the coughing fit is over, I speak again.  "I'm SO sorry, Mr. Damien.  I didn't mean to get juice all over your floor."

"It's fine, sugar pine.  Let me go get the mop."  He walks away.  When he comes back, he mops up the juice then puts away the mop.

Ms. Stevens' POV

Judging by Shiranda's reaction, I bet she definitely wasn't expecting that question.  Hell, I wasn't either, and if I was drinking my juice at that moment, I probably would've done the same thing, too.

"Is Aurora your girlfriend, Shiranda?"

What would that even look like?  Hmm.  I guess I can imagine she would sleep on top of me like she did when she was at my house.

I'd probably cook her breakfast often.  Of course I'd hang out with her, whether it's in her room or going somewhere else.

She'd probably be super affectionate to me, and I know I'd kiss her a lot.

We'd watch lesbian movies and shows together.

Seeing her at school would be special.  She'd probably be looking at me adoringly as I teach, and I'd get this happy smile as I'd feel her eyes on me.

Wait, why am I thinking about this?

Shiranda's POV

He sits back on the couch.  "Deenie Beanie, where's Terry?"  "Oh, uh, we're on a break, Dad."

"Still?"  I question.  "Yeah.  Told ya she was really mad."  Deena responds in a sorta irritated tone.

"What'd you do?"  He inquires.  "I danced with a friend at a club, and she wasn't too pleased."

He puts a hand on her shoulder.  "Don't be down about it.  If she loves you, then she'll get over it and realize that she's being silly and that you're an amazing woman."  He says with a smile.

Mr. Damien is a king and I stan.

Deena smiles at him.  "Thanks, Dad."  "So, Damien, what do you do exactly?"  Ms. Stevens says out of curiosity.

"I'm an entrepreneur of multiple businesses that make high tech shoes.  Our shoes sell for thousands of dollars, and are bought by either really rich non-famous people or celebrities."

Her eyes get big.  "Wow.  That's impressive.  You're practically swimming in money.  You're Scrooge McDuck."

"Eh, the money's not the important part.  The important part is that I can support and provide happiness for Shiranda and Deena."

"Damien, you're a good man."  "Aw, thank you,"  He replies with a giddy smile.  "I try my best."

"Dad really is, which is why I've been telling him that he needs to get back in the dating field.  He's a good dude, and deserves to find love again."

"Ooooooohhhh, Deenie Beanie.  Ivy will always be my love.  She was my first one."  He says, smiling.

I feel my eyes start to tear up at the mention of her name.  I quickly get up and walk away to the nearest bathroom.

I shut the door, letting the salty water run down my face.

As if she couldn't waste any time, Ms. Stevens comes through the door and closes it back.  I can see her worried eyes in the mirror.

"She's your mom, isn't she?"  I nod my head, looking at her through the mirror as I sob, tears uncontrollably falling down my cheeks.

"Hey,"  She gently grips my wrist.  "Come here."  She pulls me into a warm embrace, me embracing her back so hard.

"She was with Mr. Damien first.  After they had Deena, he had to get deployed for the military.  They broke up so that Mama wouldn't have to suffer being lonely while he was away.  She got with my dad eventually, but then he disappeared without a trace.  Once Mr. Damien was back, they got back together."  I say through my tears.

She lifts my face to look at her.  "I know it's still hard for you, but I want you to know that she is proud of you, and she loves you.  She raised an intelligent, witty, vibrant, strong, opinionated young woman, you hear me?"

I search her eyes.  "You- You think that about me?"  "Of course I do."  She smiles.

My- My heart just grew for her.

I slowly lean in, planting a kiss to her cheek.  I pull back and look into her eyes, no words being exchanged as her hand touches the spot I kissed.

She smiles at me and wipes my tears away with her thumbs.  "Now come on.  You're too pretty for those tears."

We leave the bathroom and go back to the living room.