Chapter 33

Shiranda's POV

All the other students have left the classroom, only leaving Ms. Stevens and I in it.

I start walking to her desk. "Do you need something, Shiranda? Wanna talk about anything?"

Standing in front of her desk, my hand tugs on the hood of my hoodie as the other one is in one of the pockets.

"Uh, well, you should come over today." I say uneasily. Wanting to ask her to come over makes me nervous, but for some reason.....I really want to hang out with her.

She smiles at me and leans back in her seat, hands latched together behind her head.

"I wasn't going to schedule another tutoring session today." "No tutoring. No utensils. Just, uh, casual. But- but you don't have to if you don't want to." I quickly say the last sentence, low key freaking out.

She leans onto her desk, knuckles supporting her chin. "Don't worry, Shiranda. I'll be there." She says, a bright white smile on her face.

I give her a small smile. "Great. See you later." I walk out of the classroom, sighing in relief.

What I just did was awkward as fuck, but that's the only way I do things. The social skills are not always there, to say the least.

I can't believe I just asked her to hang out with me, but as an impulsive idiot, shit happens.

.....

The doorbell rings, and for some reason, I run over to it. I look through the peephole, delighted that it's who I thought it was.

I open the door for her. "Hey, Aurora. I'm, uh, glad you showed up."

She looks amazing in her button-up, ripped jeans, and sneakers. Damn. Hard to believe she's an Econ teacher.

She smiles. "You are? Well I'm glad to be here. Can I come in?" "Well, actually, we're going somewhere, uh, if you don't mind," I frantically say. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Nah, I'm down. You can take me anywhere you want." Oh wow. I actually wasn't expecting her to agree....

"Uh, coolio then. Let me just grab my keys." I quickly dash to my room and retrieve my keys. I dash back to the door.

"Ready to go?" "Yep." I close and lock the door, and we walk over to my car. I unlock it and open the door for her.

"Thank you." "You're welcome." I go over to my door and get in, starting the car up.

"Wanna listen to some music?" "I'm fine with whatever you want to do." Deciding that music will help me be less awkward, I turn on the radio.

Ms. Stevens' POV

Shiranda has a nice car. I'm surprised I'm actually sitting in it for the first time. I definitely didn't expect for her to want to take me anywhere, but it's a really nice gesture.

Shiranda's POV

I pull out of the driveway and onto the road, starting the drive. "I like your car, by the way." She compliments.

"Oh, thank you. I've had her since I was 16. I named her Analise." She smiles. "I like that name. It's really pretty."

"If I had a daughter, I'd name her that." "Did you get this car for your birthday?"

"Nah. I actually have a job and saved up for her. Deena actually took me to the Bahamas for my birthday that year."

"Oh wow, that sounds amazing. Deena is a really good sister." "She really is. She's the best sister anyone could've asked for. She's sorta like a mom to me, sometimes. And her dad, Damien, is my father figure. He treats me as his own. I'm really grateful for them."