Chapter 40

Ms. Stevens' POV

   I pull up to the teacher parking lot.  What are people going to think when they see Shiranda coming out of my car?

Surely, some teachers just give students a ride....right?  I mean, there's nothing really to be suspicious about.  I just don't want the trouble.

And speaking of trouble, what the hell was I doing to her?  I didn't even realize I was doing it until I woke up and my brain started functioning juuust slightly.

She didn't stop me, though.  She didn't say anything.  Why didn't she stop me?

The more I keep thinking about it, the more I think about how she's been so nice to me lately.

She looked like she was mesmerized as she saw me in a towel, and she complimented my suit and my hat.

Am I really that breathtaking or something?

I think I'm ok, but I don't think I'm all that.

"Have a good day, Aurora.  See ya in last period."  Shiranda says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, uh, thank you.  You, too.  See you later."  We get out of the car and part ways.

.....

Shiranda's POV

It's lunchtime, and I'm sitting in the library, reading my book and eating my lunch in peace.

There's nothing like a good book and some food to go with it.  But, my mind is also at peace at the thought of something else.  Or really, someone else.

I'm not really seeing Ms. Stevens as just my Econ teacher anymore, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I kinda......see her as a friend.

Surprising, I know, but she's actually really nice.....and I genuinely believe she cares about me to some degree.

Could she possibly see me as a friend, too?

.....

"Did you say something?"  Ms. Stevens angrily asks me as soon as we step foot in her house, a clear frown on her face.

"What the hell are you talking about?"  I say with a confused frown.  I'm genuinely confused.  Say something about what?

"I got called into the principal's office today.  She said that she was told that you were in my car and asked me if I'm having an inappropriate relationship with you."

"What the fuck?  I would never rat you out.  You should know that."  I'm actually hurt and offended that she'd think I'd do something like that, something that would intentionally put her career in jeopardy.

"So you seriously have no clue what I'm talking about?"  "No fucking clue."  "You better not be lying to me, Shiranda."

"I'm fucking not.  It could've been anybody.  You know what, either take me home right now, or get the fuck outta my face."

She nods her head, looking down.  She leaves me by myself and goes to her room.

I sit on the couch and turn on the TV, angrily watching whatever's on it.  She truly pissed me off with that bullshit.

Why am I the first person she'd think of?  I should be the last.  Hell, I shouldn't even be on the list.  I thought she knew me better by now.

Ms. Stevens' POV

I plop down on my bed and sigh.  I feel bad that I made her mad, but I didn't know what to think.

She's right.  It could've been anybody, but who would've cared enough to snitch?

Adoring Ms. StevensOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara