Chapter 35

Ms. Stevens POV

   I'm currently in my bed, trying to sleep, but I can't.  I know I shouldn't let Kiera get to me, but.... was that a date?

I know that there's the stereotype that says that lesbians don't know if they're on a date or not, but it's not like the lines were pretty clear.

We went to the park, got to know each other, had ice cream, she held my hand.  It sounds like a date.  If I was on the outside looking in, I'd think it was.

But we never said it was.  If it was a date, then that would explain why she was so nervous to ask me.  I'll have to ask Deena tommorow.

.....

"Is Shiranda here?"  I question Deena, both of us seated on the couch.  "No."  "Good.  So say, hypothetically, someone took you to hang out with them at the park, and you got to know each other and shared some laughs.  You even got some ice cream that the other person paid for.  Is that a date?"

"Sounds like it could be a cute date.  Is it being specified as one?"  "No."  "Then it's not.  Dates are stated or planned ahead together, for the most part.  Two friends can go and do the same, and it wouldn't be a romantic date."

"Thanks, Deena, for speaking some sense into me."  "No problem.  Did Shiranda do all that?"

I mentally start to panic.  "So, you and Terry still on a break?  How's that been?"

"Yeah, buuuuuutttt I've kinda been hanging out with somebody."  She says, a shy smile forming on her face.

"Really?  Do tell."  "I wanna keep it a secret, but I'll give you a hint.  What I will say is that it's someone we know."

"Maria?"  "No."  "Maggie?"  "No."  "Regina?"  "Heeell no.  That woman is a mess."  She says, looking offended.  "Sasha?"  "Nope."  "Then I don't have a clue."

"You'll probably figure it out someday.  Just won't be today."  "Where is Shiranda anyway?"

"She's with Shay Shay.  She's spending the weekend over at her house.  I need to tell her to put Kiera on a leash."

"What do you mean?"  "That girl kept comin' by here, askin' for her.  I don't know if that's her girlfriend-"

"Shiranda cut her off."  "Oh damn.  Then is she gon' be a problem?"  "I sure fucking hope not."

I've got to tell Shiranda.

"I want a sandwich."  "Hey, uh, Deena, do you know where Shayla's house is?"

"Of course I do.  Why?"  "Take me there?"  "Suuuuurrrre?  .....Why?"  She says, looking at me with a confused expression.

"I've got to......"  I look around.  I grab the sheet of paper that's laying on the dining room table.  "Take her this homework."

"But that's not-"  "Hurry!  We're running out of time!"  "Ok, ok."  She responds, throwing her hands up and moving to grab her keys.

.....

I knock on the door.  "Ms. Stevens?"  Shayla says.  "Uh, yes.  Can you get Shiranda please?  I have to give her this homework."

She raises a brow at me.  "Alright.  Pretty brutal personally giving her homework over the weekend, though."

She closes the door back, and when it opens back up, Shiranda is standing there.  "Yeah, Aurora?"  She says as she's closing the door.

"I came to give you this."  I hold out the paper and she takes it.  She looks at it.  "This is Deena's grocery list."  She responds, looking at me with a confused frown.

"Ok, so that's not why I came over here."  "Kinda figured.  What's up?"  "I don't know if Kiera is up to something-"

"Kiera?  What the fuck?"  "Girl, will you listen to me?"  "Sorry.  Continue."  "She kept going by your place and asking for you.  I wanted to let you know just in case you needed to nip this in the bud."

"I don't know why the hell she would do some shit like that.  She knows I don't fuck with her anymore.  I don't think she's the type to do some super crazy shit, but I don't know."

"Just be on the lookout, alright?"  "I gotchu.  And thanks for telling me.  Also, Deena is gonna need this.  Can you give it back to her?"  She holds out the paper.

"Of course."  I take the paper from her and walk back to the car.  I get in.  "Whoops, looks like it wasn't homework after all.  Thought I left it.  Let's go."

Deena just gives me a weird look before driving off.