Chapter 5

Shiranda's POV

"Are you going to the fair today?" Shayla asks through the phone. "Yeah. You should come with us."

"Sorry, no can do. I'm sick." "Damn. It sucks that you're sick. It would be really fun if you were there."

"I know you're gonna miss me, but don't let that hold back your fun." "Maybe I can come over and nurse you back to health."

"Nah. I don't want you getting sick, too," She coughs and sneezes on the other end of the receiver. "Hey, I gotta go. I honestly feel like trash."

"Aaawwww, ok. I really do hope you feel better." "Thanks, sis. Love ya." "Love you, too."

And with that, we hang up. Man, poor baby. I really do feel bad that she's not feeling well. I'm gonna win her some stuff to cheer her up.

I chill on the couch until it's time to leave. I gotta say, I look bomb as fuck in my sports bra, sweats, and rainbow Vans.

"Sit in the backseat. We gotta make a couple stops." Deena says, seated in the driver's seat.

I wonder who we're picking up.

Eventually, we stop in front of a house. Terry comes out of it and sits in the passenger's side.

Huh, so this is where she lives.

"Hey, Baby." Deena says to her. "Hey, Gorgeous." She replies before they kiss.

Before I know it, we're parked in front of another house........and Ms. Stevens comes out?!

Deena, I'm going to fucking kill you.

I sigh, my hand on my forehead and eyes closed. "You've got to be kidding me." I mumble to myself.

Unfortunately, my Econ teacher gets in the seat behind Terry. They greet her. "Hey, y'all."

I continue to look out the window, refusing to look at her. I feel like she's doing the same thing.

So much for having fun at the fair.

"Ahem, um, Deena, can you put on some music please?" I ask her. I'm desperate for it. There's no way I'm gonna sit in silence with my teacher in the car.

"Yeah, sure. No prob." She turns on the radio, some shitty mumble rapper song playing. Better than the silence.

Nah, I take that back.

Ms. Stevens' POV

Once again, I'm in Shiranda's presence outside of school. Honestly, I feel like she's making it more awkward than it has to be, and I'm starting to feel like she just really doesn't like me.

If that's the case, then what did I do? Did I say something wrong? Did I cross a line? If I'm being honest, she's kinda hard to figure out.

Shiranda's POV

All of our tickets have been bought, but before we try to go on any rides or play any games, I ask to speak to Deena in private.

"Sure, sis." I hurriedly drag her away to the bathroom. "You couldn't have told me that my teacher was gonna be coming with us?"

"What's the big deal?" I put my thumb and index finger on my forehead. "Godda- Deena, are you dense? It's so weird having her here with me outside of school."

"Shiranda, just please try to have fun." "I honestly don't know if I can do that."

Ms. Stevens' POV

Terry and I are chatting as we're waiting for them to come back. She seems really cool, but in my mind, I'm not really caring about the conversation.