Chapter 20

Ms. Stevens' POV

   Day 2 of us being here, and I'm already losing my fucking mind.  I keep thinking about the fact that I kissed her, and I feel guilty.

I gotta tell Deena that I kissed her.

I've been running my fingers through my dreads like a maniac.  This whole situation is so fucked, and I have to figure out how I'm going to tell her.

Uuuggghhh!  I can't go any longer without her knowing.  I gotta do it now. 

I go to Deena's room and knock on her door.  She opens it.  "Yes, bestie?"  "Can we, uh......can we talk?"

"Of course,"  She lets me in and we sit on the bed.  "What's goin' on?  Ready to go out tonight?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's just......."  My fingers twiddle with one of my dreads as I struggle to make eye contact with her.  "I.......I......I kissed your sister!  Fuck!"

I look at her face, and I can't really read it.  She sighs.  "You know I trust you, but please, whatever you've got goin' on with my sister, don't get caught, a'ight?"

"That's the thing.  We don't have something going on."  "Then why did you kiss my sister?  I ship y'all, but I'll be damned if I let you play with her feelings."

"I don't even remember doing it.  She had to tell me.  I was high as fuck at the time."

"Well.......all I can say is be careful.  If something just happens to develop, just watch your back.  I'd hate for you to get fired and arrested."

.....

Shiranda's POV

The four of us are at this lesbian club that's down the street from the beach house.  It's 18+, and Shayla and I are so glad we meet the requirement.  The fact that our birthdays are kinda late is something that we actually bonded over.

We're sitting in the lounge area, just chattin' it up.  My phone buzzes in my pocket.  "Hold up, Shayla."

I pull it out, seeing that I got a text.

Super Bass: heyyyy sexy how's vacay going

Me: good I'm at a club rn

Super Bass: sounds fun such a shame we can't spend break together I really wanted to

"Yoooooo, come on.  Let's hit the dance floor.  No time for textin'."  Shayla says.  She pulls me onto the dance floor.

We start dancing together before she starts migrating to the other side of the room, leaving me to dance by myself in the crowd of people.

Suddenly, I see Ms. Stevens dancing by herself as well, and I've gotta admit, she's really gettin' down.  Her eyes are closed as her body moves sensually, really feelin' the music.

My body unconsciously moves towards hers until my arms are wrapped around her neck.

"Don't Stop" by Nakala comes on as her eyes open, being met with mine.  She gives me a small smirk and puts her hands on my waist.

Our bodies move together to the music.  It feels sensual and..... seductive.

I turn around and wind my hips, dancing on her.  We body roll together, in perfect sync.

I don't know if this makes sense, but....I kinda feel like.....like I'm high off of her.

She spins me, me facing her again as my arms return to her neck.  Her hands snake to my waist again and pull me closer.

Staring into her eyes is making me get lost in them.  Right now, I'm not thinking of her as my Econ teacher.  I....I don't even know what I'm thinking of her as.

As the song ends, our lips inch closer until they abruptly stop.  I almost forgot who she is.

She licks her bottom lip, as if she really wanted to kiss me but knew it couldn't happen.

"Are you sober?"  I question.  "Yes."

.....

Everyone is sound asleep in their beds except me.  I'm in my bed, but I can't sleep.  Tonight's events keep playing in my mind.

On one hand, I feel amazing.  I felt the passion in the way she held me, the way our bodies graced each other with the other's presence as if it was destined.

Then on the other hand, I feel like shit because Kiera had texted me just before.

She really likes me, and I feel like trash because of my conflicted emotions, even though we're not together.

I've really got to figure this out.