Chapter 8

Shiranda's POV

   Shayla and I are breakin' it down to twerk songs.  Deena busts through my door.  "Aaaaaaayyeee!"  She says, twerking.

My sister is ghetto as fuck, and I love it.  "H-Hey, Deena."  Shayla says, lookin' like she has stars in her eyes.

Facepalm.

"Heeeeyyy, Shayla."  She dances over to Shayla then dances on her.  I bet Shayla is in Heaven right now.

I see Shayla looking like she's about to squirt her underwear.  Is my sister just completely unaware of Shayla's huge crush on her?

Deena moves on over to the center of us, all of us dancing and having a good ol' time.

I do a split, split twerking before coming back up.  "Aaaaayyeee, get it, girl!"  Deena hypes me up.

After we're done dancing, Shayla and I sit on the floor criss cross apple sauce while Deena lays down, her knuckles on either side of her face.

"Sooooooo, let's have girl taaaalk."  Deena says.  Honestly, Deena is like my second best friend.  I don't know what I would do without her.

"Ok, well, Ms. Stevens tutors me privately."  I say.  "Oooooo, how does it go?"  Deena inquires like a nosy schoolgirl.

Sometimes, I swear my sister is 17 again instead of 23.

"Sometimes it gets......abnormal, to say the least."  "Do you like herrrrr?"  Deena says. "No."

"Pfffffff, liar."  Shayla responds immediately.  I throw a pillow at her, hitting her smack dab in the face.

"Hey!  Watch the money maker."  Deena giggles.  "Oooooo, so you do?  That'll be great to tell my friend.  I could put in a good word for ya."  Deena says and gives me a corky wink.

"I'm not interested in Ms. Stevens, so that won't be necessary."  Shayla, please don't expose me.

"Ha!  I beg to differ.  She talks about Ms. Stevens all the ti-"  Her sentence is cut off by my hand.

Shayla can just never do me a solid, huh?

"Ms. Stevens is just attractive, that's all."  "Y'know, she's singlllllleee."  So she is single.  Nice to know, just to kill my curiosity.

I uncover Shayla's mouth, hoping she'll behave.  "Shayla, what about you?  Got anyone you like in your life?  I don't know, maybe a certain sister-"  Shayla takes her turn shutting me up with her hand.

"Wait, no, I wanna hear.  Shayla, you got someone you like?"  She removes her hand from my lips.

"Uh, yeah, but she has a girlfriend, so it's pointless."  "Aaaww,"  Deena says then puts a hand on her shoulder.  "Maybe she'll break up with her girlfriend one day.  Hang in there."

"Uh, thanks, Dee-Deena."

Shayla stutters a lot around Deena.  She's really got it bad.

"Hey, Shiranda, if you ever are into Aurora, I think you should know that she cares if you hate her or not."

"Wait, what?"  I reply.  "Yep."  "Like, still?"  "You've talked about it before?"  "Well, yeah, on the ferris wheel, which was awkward as fuck, by the way.  Thanks, Deena, for that."

"Hey, at least you had fun.  Seems to me like you and her had a grand ol' time, all those prizes."

"Wait, as in, Ms. Stevens was with you guys?"  Deena nods.  "Yep."  She responds.

"Girl, how come you didn't tell me she went to the fair with y'all?  And not only that, but you went on a ride with her?  I wish I wasn't sick so I could've been there."  Shayla questions me.

"It hadn't crossed my mind.  It's not like it meant anything.  We were all just having a good time together.  No big deal."

"I don't know, maaaaaann.  I think there's a ship going ooooooon.  What do you think, Shay Shay?  Do you ship?  Cuz I ship."

"Oh totally.  The spark is there."  "I swear, you two act like a comment section on Wattpad."

"Shay Shay, what is a Wattpad reader's favorite form of transportation?"

"I don't know.  What?"  "A ship."  Deena says with a corny smirk.  They fist bump then blow it up, Deena making a sound effect.

Fucking Deena.  I fucking love her.....

"Y'all get on my nerves."  I laugh.  "I'm just saying, my ship sailed a long time ago."  Deena responds.

"Chile, please.  Ms. Stevens has to be somewhere in her mid thirties, having hella priorities.  She is not worried about some eighteen-year-old that's still in high school."  I say.

"For the record, she's only 29."  Deena says matter-of-factly, as if it helps.  "Still having trouble believing she would even be attracted to an eighteen-year-old."

"You never know.  She could be looking your way sometimes without you noticing."  Deena responds.

"Wait, Deena, you're her friend and I'm your little sister.  Why do you not see a problem with this?"

"The only problem I see is the fact that she's your teacher.  That's literally the only issue.  But take that away, and it's A ok because you're legal, I trust her, and you can't help who you like."

"Well, I don't want her to have interest in me.  It would be pointless, she won't like me, and I'm not interested."