Chapter 47

Ms. Stevens' POV

   Shiranda's in the hospital bed, hooked up to IV's.  There's a steady flow of beeping throughout the room, signaling that her vitals aren't deadly.

I've shed so many tears.  On the way here, in this hospital room.  I just don't get it.  Why would she do this to herself?

It's been a good twelve hours since I've found her.  I haven't gotten any sleep.  How can I sleep when I know she was under the influence of a date rape drug?

"W-Where am I?"  I hear her weakly mumble.  I get up and rush to her bedside.

I don't know whether to be happy or cuss her out.

"You're in the hospital."  I say, a tear slowly rolling down my cheek.  I could've lost her.  My whole world could've shattered.

"The hospital?  Why?"  "You took Rohypnol.  I found you and immediately called 911.  Shiranda, why the hell would you do this?"

"Because, Aurora, I miss my fucking mom, alright?  I miss her so fucking much, and the pain of her being gone is just too much for me to handle sometimes.  I'm a mess without her, okay?!"

"How long have you been doing this?"  The tears won't stop falling.  I can't believe she's self-medicating like this.  I didn't know her depression ran this deep.

"Three weeks."  "Three fucking weeks?  Are you kidding me right now?  How did you find time to do this?"

"I usually do it in my room, but since no one was home, I did it in the living room."

"I hope you know I threw those pills out.  You're never seeing them again.  You're stopping this right now.  How'd you even get them?"

"I know a guy."  "What the fuck, Shiranda?!"  "Why do you care?!  Do you care about me or something?!"

"Yes!  I do!"

And before I know it, my lips are passionately on hers.