Chapter 17

Shiranda's POV

  "Wait a minute, wait a minute.  So she kissed you?"  "Uh huh."  "And you kissed her back?"  "Uh huh."  "And you liked it?"  "Uh huh."  "Goals."

I throw a pillow at her.  "Oh my God, Shayla, this is not the time for your shipping habits.  I'm legit freaking out about this."

"What's to freak out about?  You've been eyeing Ms. Stevens down like a hawk for months, and you're finally getting somewhere with her."

"I know, but after I told her what happened, she sat back in her seat and sighed like she regretted her whole life."

"If it helps you feel any better, she probably liked it, too."  "She doesn't even remember that she did it.  She was sky high at the time."

"Just because she was high, doesn't mean she didn't like it.  She could've liked it and just doesn't know she did.  Wait a minute, Ms. Stevens smokes?"

"Same thing I said.  Either way, I feel like things are going to be awkward now between us.  I mean, she's my teacher, and she kissed her student that just so happened to be her friend's sister, so she's always around.  Plus, she tutors me, so there's that."

"Wait, but where does Kiera fall in all this?"  "I don't even know at this point."

"Do you like her?"  "She's a really cool person, and I am attracted to her, but it hasn't been long enough for me to consider her as a girlfriend.  At the same time, I've been attracted to Ms. Stevens for months.  She doesn't have to know it's been that long, though."

"Seems like you've got quite the dilemma on your hands."  "Well yes, but actually no.  I'm conflicted in my feelings for both of them, but I highly doubt it'll go anywhere with Ms. Stevens and I, so Kiera seems like the only option."

"She shouldn't be just an "option".  She's a person that has feelings, and you shouldn't just pick her because something else isn't available."

"I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it like that, but you're right.  I just meant that the most possible thing to happen would be something between her and I."

"But at the same time, you never know.  Ms. Stevens could be peepin' you, too."

"Well, when Aurora- Ms. Stevens-"  "Wait, that's her name?  Aurora?"  "Yeah."  "That's a really pretty name.  How come the women with the pretty names are the gayest?  Shiranda, Ruby Rose, Hayley Kiyoko."

I smile.  "Because lesbians are beautiful, no matter how masculine some of us are.  But anyway, when she was high, she did tell me that I was pretty, and that I always look good.  And shouldn't you know her name?"

"Well babam.  There you go.  And oh shit, I forgot."  "But I don't know if she meant that.  Is it like when you get drunk, and it's like, drunk words are sober thoughts?"

"Well, weed does lower your inhibitions and push your sex drive.  So, she could've meant it and just had an opportunity to tell you then.  This is confusing."

"Wait, does Deena know about this?"  She inquires.  "The love of your life?,"  I tease with a smirk, making her smile.  "No, I don't think so.  I haven't told her about it.  Not sure if Ms. Stevens has."

"I really am just waiting for her to be done with Terry so I can just swoop in."

"My sister is so clueless about stuff like that.  Terry blatantly had a crush on her for two years before she knew.  I highly doubt she knows you do.  Like, you have to tell her directly, or she won't have a clue.  I love my sister, but she can be so oblivious at times."

"Deena is adorable."  "Do you want me to tell her for you?  Cuz I can."  She frantically shakes her head.

"Hell no.  Not right now.  Wait until they hit Splitsville."  "You never know.  She could consider it and it might make them hit Splitsville."

"Naaaaahhhh.  I wanna make sure I have at least a slight chance of getting my foot in the door.  Terry's so boring.  Deena would be better off with me.  I think I'm more fun."

"That is pretty true.  Don't see how someone like her ended up with someone as wild as my sister.  Sometimes opposites attract, I guess."

"I already know Terry ain't hittin' that right."  "Ok, gross.  I don't wanna think about my sister's ass bouncing on anyone's strap, or her vagina on anyone else's, so let's just stop here."

She rolls her eyes.  "Fine."