Chapter 28

Shiranda's POV

   It's the final day of stupid detention with Ms. Stevens, and I hope to God she doesn't make anything more awkward than it is.  Then again, it is Ms. Stevens, and she's not the best at taking a fucking hint.

The dreaded bell rings, and I blow out a breath as everyone else leaves and I stay behind.

I stand up, then walk over to the door.  "What are you doing?"  Ms. Stevens so rudely interrupts.

"I'm going to go get some water.  The room is closing in on me, and my chest feels tight."

I leave the room without further conversation, honestly not giving a fuck if she opposed or not.

I walk to the water fountain and anxiously take some sips.  Being in the same room with her is honestly something I'm not sure I can do anymore.

I don't wanna go back in the classroom just yet, so I start wandering around the school, no particular destination in mind.

I go inside the library and chill in there for a little, reading a portion of a book.  It's one of those hidden gems you found in middle school that definitely wasn't appropriate for your grade level, but you got it anyway because you weren't cookie cutter and were inappropriate as hell.

It's a pretty good book.  Gonna check it out tomorrow during lunch.

I go back to the classroom before she gets too suspicious, dreading it on my slow walk there.

I open the door and go back to my seat, sitting back down.  "Feel any better?"  Ms. Stevens says.

"Save it, Aurora.  I just want to get this detention over with and go back to acting like I don't even know you."

Ms. Stevens' POV

Ah fuck.  She's going back to hating me again, which isn't even the last thing I want, it's something I don't want at all.

Shiranda's POV

She gets up and walks over to the desk next to mine, sitting down, her body facing me.  She just starts looking at me, her chin resting in her hand and her legs crossed.

I try to avoid her gaze, looking at the front of the classroom.  Kinda wish I'd brought that book with me.

I succeed for a little while, but her stare is just too much for me.  "Can you stop....staring at me?"  I say, giving her a quick glance.

She ignores me, still continuing to stare with those beautiful fucking tear drop eyes.

I survive until I finally feel myself cave in to her.  "Fuck, fine."  I say frustratedly, letting out a breath.

She smiles at me.  She thinks she can just get whatever she wants from me?

"Shiranda, can we please just be normal?"  I look at her, arms folded across my chest.  "And what is our "normal"?"  I scoff.

"I don't know, but it sure isn't this."  "Are you sure?  Because you sure piss me off a lot."

She leans up in her seat, arms folded across her chest as well.  "As if you don't do the same."  She retorts.

"Oh really?"  "Well, you frustrate me more than anger me."  "Enough to kiss me?"

"Oh don't act like you didn't like it."  Her words make me feel flustered and like I wanna clam up.

I try to come up with a comeback.  "You seem so comfortable kissing your student.  What, is that your favorite pastime or something?"

"Certainly not, but it's easier to handle when I know the student liked it just as much as I did."

"Admit it, Aurora.  You want me in your bed, giving you my pink 9-inch strap."

"Wouldn't be too confident if I were you."  She rolls her eyes.  "Oh?  So you don't like strap? Maybe you want me to trib you."  I say, looking at her with a brow raised.

"You're so inappropriate.  I want none of that from you."  "Then what the hell do you want?  You're confusing as fuck."

"I just want you to stop acting like a brat sometimes.  That's all."  "If I ever do, you deserve it.  I'm a reactive person.  I react to people or situations presented to me.  It's like cause and effect."

"Noted."  "You need to take a lot of notes, cuz you don't know me too well."

"I know how to get in your head, so at least that's something."  "Pfft, no you don't."

"Oh yeah?"  She says, perking up and lifting a brow.  "Mhm."  "Imagine me, pushed up against you, running my lips along your jawline as my hand grips your neck.  I don't even have to hypothetically kiss you, and you'd think about it for weeks."

The vision plays in my head, and my thighs squeeze together.  She's right.  Fuck!

"Fuck you."  "Good thing I'm your teacher and both of those things will never happen."