Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

Lucy nodded, putting her foot on the gas a little more.

“You know, when Archer first came back – I think I was a little rude trying to push you two back together. I mean you were still shocked about him coming back after not hearing from him in so long. So I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for doing that to you. I was acting like a giddy school girl and it was out of character for me.”

Marian smiled. “It’s okay – you thought it would all go back to normal and he would make me happy again. Don’t worry, I wasn’t mad at you. I just thought you were a little bit crazy.”

“Just a tad,” agreed Lucy.

“Turn here,” said Marian, who was concentrating on the road more than Lucy.

“There they are!” said Lucy. “They look like a couple of dorks standing there with a massive cardboard box.”

“Mmmm, they do indeed.”

Lucy pulled up next to the boys and wound her window down. “Pop that thing in the back of the car and get in. It’ll be a tight fit but we should be right since it’s only a short journey by car.”

The boys went round the back of the car and lifted the box into the boot. They shut the door and made their way to both side doors.

“There are only three seats,” whined Tyler.

“Get over it,” said Seth, pushing him in.

“Okay, we can only fit four on the seat,” said Ryan, who was between Tyler and Dan.

Marian rolled her eyes. “You boys are gonna cause a scene if you don’t hurry up. Archer and Alex, just sit on the floor of the car and keep your heads down – we’ve got way too many in this car and the cops aren’t gonna be happy if they catch us.”

Archer and Alex somehow managed to fit in and shut the side doors.

“We all ready?” asked Lucy happily.

“Yes,” replied the boys in unison.

Lucy put her foot down and sped off down the street.

“Hey not so fast missy – it would be such a shame to get pulled over for speeding and then also get fined for having six boys in the back when we’re only meant to have three,” said Marian, checking the right side mirror for police cars.

“Whatever, it’s not like the mysterious hero has done anything worse than that,” laughed Archer.

“I’m sure he doesn’t,” replied Marian sarcastically.

“You mean she,” said Tyler, who was confused at what Marian had said.

“Nope, people believe I’m a guy under that disguise and I’d like it to stay that way.”

The car remained silent for the rest of the ride to the forest.

Lucy parked the car a outside of Marian’s house and turned to look at her best friend.

“How is this going to work?”

Marian thought for a second. “Okay, we’ll both go inside and make sure my father’s either in his office or asleep. If he is then you’ll go out and tell this lot to get the box out of the car and go up the side of the yard and into the forest.”

“Yeah, but what if he’s not?” asked Dan.

“Then we’ll have to distract him I guess,” said Marian shrugging.

Marian and Lucy got out of the car and walked up to the house.

“I hope he’s having a nap or something,” muttered Marian.