Pooja let her cry in her arms, patting her lightly. Finally she drifted off to sleep and Pooja let her. Naveen helped her after a while to put her on a bed.

They are in Shalini's home to have an opinion unofficially before going for it.

Shalini: what the hell happened to her? Pooja ne bas bataya that Capt. Rajveer and Naina had some personal troubles and she doesn't want to continue with this pregnancy. Par jaise vo react kar rahi thi, it feels like something huge.

Naveen: actually Raj had done something really big and unexpected. He had some unfinished business from his past and due to it, he left Naina.

Shalini: what? Left matlab? He abandoned her?
Pooja: yes mam. He abandoned her.

Pooja looked at Naveen while replying knowing that this is not the word he would have chosen to explain the situation.

Shalini: okk. But still thoda jyada extreme nahin hai Naina ka reaction. I mean I understand but aborting the baby....well to each his own..

Pooja: please don't judge her mam.

Shalini: I would be the last person to do that cadet Ghai. Mai bas ye soch rahi thi ki she has severe complex with her self worth.

Naveen: matlab?

Shalini: matlab she doesn't care for her self worth or she doesn't feel herself valuable. I think we need to help her Yar.

Pooja: we? Aap help karoge hume mam?

Shalini: sure. I can't see her like this. I think you both should leave now and let me handle her.

Naveen: are you sure ki humare hone se kuch madad nai milegi?

Shalini: kabhi kabhi ek teesre insan ke sath dard batna jyada aasan hota hai. Aap dono jao I will handle it.

———————————————————————————

Naina slept for the entire day and Shalini let her. She finally woke up in the morning with an aroma of ginger tea. Rajveer's favourite, Naina remembered painfully.

She came outside to find Shalini making the tea and poha.

She stood along with her and Shalini handed her a bowl of Poha with sev sprinkled across it.

Shalini: I hope tumhe poha pasand ho?

Naina smiled at her, "Han bahut, par I haven't brushed yet"

Shalini: I think you can excuse yourself today. I really feel you need a break Naina.

Naina: hmm. Ok. Give me a min to freshen up.

She came back five minutes late and started eating poha. She is famished and eating like she haven't eaten properly in months, although she didn't actually.

Once done with her bowl, Shalini refilled it. Naina ate while drinking tea. She is feeling much better. She saw Shalini and suddenly registered that how come she is here?

Naina: Vo mai yahan Kaise?

Shalini smiled, "kal tum so gai thi yahin, maine hi Naveen aur Pooja ko ghar bhej dia. I thought you could use some space"

Naina sipped some more tea to avoid giving any reply.

Shalini: poha aur logi?

Naina shakes her head in no. She remembers everything from last evening, "I am sorry, I think I was very rude to you"

Shalini pressed her lips together, "hmm, yes you were Naina. But it's ok. You are only human and we are allowed to have some outbursts"

Naina: Han par you don't deserve it. Mujhe aise react nai karna chahiye tha

Shalini: shayad Naina ye outburst kisi aur ke lie tha aur ye galat nahin hai. Gussa hona ya react karna galat nahin hota. Ye ek normal human response hai. We need to channel our anger but you can't suppress it.

Naina: Mai...shayad mai thak gai hu...mujhe samajh nahin aa rha hai ki kya karu aur kaise karu? Mai zindagi me bahut dhoke kha chuki hu mai aur ab aur sahne ki himmat nahin ho rahi hai mujhe.

Shalini: zindagi kabhi aasan nahin hoti Naina, kisi ke lie nahin.

Naina: par meri kuch jyada hi mushkil ho gai hai.. uper se ab ye pregnancy... I am not ready for this responsibility... jab Rajveer sath the tab bhi I was not sure about it aur ab to akele mai nahin kar payungi

Shalini: I can completely understand Naina.

Naina: do you? Really?

Shalini: really. Naina meri bat suno.

Naina nodded in response.

Shalini: life me kabhi kabhi hum choose nai kar sakte ki hum ye karna chahte hai ya nahin. It's pushed on us, but we can always choose how we react on such situations.

Naina stares at her, she knows what she is trying make her understand.

Shalini: you should stop feeling sorry for yourself Naina. You are smart, intelligent and young girl. Life is full of opportunities for you. Dusron ko jo sochna hai sochne do, sympathy dikhane do , khud lekin tum humesha positive raho.

Naina had some tears forming up in her eyes. No one in her entire life made her realise her self worth this way.

Shalini: Rat kitni bhi kharab ho, is rat ki subah zarur hoti hai Naina.

Naina smiled at her with tears in her eyes. She will not stop now, life is full of opportunities and she won't give up. Never again!!

/* Happy Women's Day!!!

Although I don't believe that there should be one single day where we would celebrate the contribution women make in everyone's life but why not today !!

I know the story have have many morally conflicted decisions and many of you have commented on it. Believe me I respect all of your view's and do understand where it comes from.

This story is something I have already formed an outline and as communicated before also it won't be a simple and sweet story.

I want to explore the grey shades of human's and loving how you guys are responding to it!! Keep doing so as it is motivating me to give my best on this!!

Happy Monday and have a nice week ahead!!

Also comments and votes are compulsory for the next part 😈😈 */