part 6

"so what's being a scientist like?" glenn continued in the conversation as best as he could.

"stressful."

"then why did you become one?" he continued, genuine interest present in his voice.

"well i wanted to make a difference, but i guess that ambition is out the window..." the doctor trailed off.

"i'm sorry..." glenn stated, putting his hand on marcella's shoulder as to comfort her.

"i'm not just a scientist." marcella told the boy. "well, i wasn't just a scientist." she corrected.

"what do you meant?"

marcella stayed silent for a moment before speaking up again.

"i gotta go do something, i'll be back in a few minutes." she stood up. "your welcome to stay here tonight." she finished.

"er- thankyou." glenn smiled a genuine smile that the girl couldn't help but adore.

"oh but if i hear you snoring i will physically kick your ass out." marcella warned with a wide grin causing glenn to laugh.

she thought that her new found confidence around the boy was because of her tipsy state, however maybe it wasn't.

***

marcella had left her conversation with glenn as to make sure that jenner was okay; she felt like something was strange or 'off' about him and she wanted to figure out what.

as she walked down the hallway, gun in her waistband she heard a conversation that she didn't particularly like the sound of.

"-and i needed to think about it-"

"no-"

"-that's what i had to do. just stop it. if you thought for one second that he was alive would you have come?" there was a pause between the two however marcella kept listening silently at the door. "you and your little boy, that's what i did."

there was more rambling from the male.

"i love you."

"no no no." panic raised from the female as the male claimed things about the two.

then a scream.

that's when marcella burst into the room with her gun once again raised at someone's head, for the second time today.

"get the fuck off of her." she practically growled, anger fuelling her words and her actions.

however this time her hands didn't shake and marcella knew for sure that if she had to, she could shoot the man on the other side of her gun.